Law of Fives

Summary:
Jade doesn't like dentists but she's forced to go when her wisdom tooth acts up and she keeps somehow running into the dentist's assistant.

One. Jade really hated going to the dentist. The first conclusion people came to when she told them this little detail about herself was as follows: she didn't like noisy and sharp objects in her mouth. And she left them believe it because the truth wasn't exactly embarrassing but it still caused her heart to give a little squeeze.

She didn't hate all dentist assistants because that would be wrong but she definitely had a slight dislike towards slim, beautiful and (as unfair as it was) blonde dentist assistants because one of them had been the reason why she had to call off her engagement to, of course, a dentist.

But the problem was she had had a severe problem with her bottom left wisdom tooth – it felt like it was slowly killing her. She was already twenty-two so she had thought that she wouldn't have to worry about her teeth for at least another fifty years but apparently one of the little fuckers had to mess up her plan and force her to resolve her issue with dentists.

"How can I help you?" Asked the assistant in the waiting room and Jade sucked in her bottom lip, telling herself that this slim, beautiful and blonde dentist assistant did, in no way, resemble the naked dentist assistant she had seen in her ex boyfriend's practise.

Jade just pointed at her left cheek and sighed before getting out her insurance card. "I got a problem with my wisdom tooth."

"Oh, I'm sure we can fix that in no time," the assistant smiled politely and then grabbed the card from the table between them, checking the details. "Oh, you're older than you look – no offence." The blonde blushed slightly and rubbed at her forehead in embarrassment. "I just meant you look younger – which is supposed to be a compliment."

"Not a lot of people my age still struggle with wisdom teeth anymore," Jade replied and tried not to feel annoyed. It wasn't fair of Jade to project her hatred towards Jennifer into this young woman.

The blonde smiled and shook her head, "No, no, that wasn't what I meant at all. We've had people over thirty here who had problems with them – there's no age that saves you from them." She let out a chuckle at that before she continued. "It's good for me, though. If all our teeth problems stopped for a few years I wouldn't have a job, right?"

Jade just smiled as a reply before she sat down in one of the chairs between a whining six-year old and a middle aged men with swollen cheeks. As much as her job bored her, she kind of wished now she was there instead of here.

***

Two. Ice cream, she had said. Lots and lots of ice cream or at least keeping it cool some other way to make sure there wasn't much blood flow and the wound could close soon.

Jade didn't feel like eating anything at all. There was a hole in her mouth now and if she moved her tongue over it, she could feel it but it felt so disgusting and strange that she had ripped a bit of a tissue and stuck it to the back of her mouth to fill the void and stop herself from licking over it. It didn't hurt very much, the narcotics were still sort of working and it felt like half of her mouth was swollen and lifeless but as weird as that felt, she was scared of what it'd feel like once the narcotics wore off and she'd have to deal with the pain of a fricking hole in her gums.

She was deciding whether she felt more in the mood for some Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry's when someone bumped into her shoulder and her head snapped around to see who it was.

"My mistake, sorry," the blonde said and much to Jade's surprise she recognised her as blonde dentist assistant that had checked her in and out not too long ago. "Oh, Miss Thirlwall, what a coincidence to run into you again."