Bruises

Summay: AU where your soulmate has the same bruises and cuts you do the moment after you meet them.

Or, Perrie and Jade are happily in love and just so happen to be soulmates with matching bruises on their skin.

-------

Being sick sucked. Especially when the end of flu season was arriving. Perrie was hoping to declare a victory against the annoying sickness–but here she was stuck in bed with her disgusting runny nose and itchy throat. Perrie has been stuck in bed for the past week, with no signs of recovery, despite her best friend, Leigh-Anne's efforts.

Ever since Tuesday of last week when Perrie shuffled into the living room after work, sneezing a flurry of times, the older girl ushered Perrie off to bed, already cooking up chicken soup for the younger Geordie to eat. Since then, she's attended to her almost hourly, checking up on Perrie, caring for her, leaving medicine on her bedside table, giving Perrie her undivided attention.

God bless her soul, really. Her patience is astounding.

In Perrie's groggy haze after sleeping for what felt like years, a faint buzzing sounded from her phone. Blearily wiping her eyes and smacking her lips, her hand fumbles blindly on her bedside table. After finally coming into contact with her phone, a notification from Leigh-Anne appears on her screen. Lifting her head from her pillow, Perrie opens an eye to read her text messages.

Lee-Lee: Pez, I won't be able to make it home today. Jesy called me all freaked out about something and she needs my help. But I didn't want you to be home alone so I'm sending over my friend from my culinary class to help you out. Her name's Jade and don't even try to fight or complain, Pez. You're sick and you need someone to look after you.

Perrie: fine...i guess i can't win this one. is jade the one who you talked abt before? the one who burns her food constantly?

Lee-Lee: She is. Also, I made some soup already so all Jade has to do is heat it up. Don't worry about Jade burning your soup.

Perrie: is that possible? can you actually burn soup?

Not seeing the grey bubbles popping out, Perrie begrudgingly slips out of bed, her knees almost collapsing due to her lack of usage and weakness.

Shuffling out to her kitchen and putting her blonde locks in a lazy bun, the sound of light knocking raps on her door. Sighing heavily, Perrie drags her feet to the door, glass of water in hand.

Outside was a petite woman with cascading brunette hair, her lips revealing a small smile with pink rosy cheeks on tan skin.

"Hi. I think Leigh-Anne told you I was coming over? I'm Jade."

If Perrie had known that Jade was that pretty, she definitely would've done something with her appearance. Probably fix her hair. Or change out of the sweats she's been wearing for the past two days. And God forbid, her breath. Perrie could hear her subconscious yelling at her–saying something like, "You're a fucking mess and a pretty girl is seeing you this messy! What are you doing with your life?!"

Stuck in a trance, Jade waves her hand with a questioning look in her eyes.

"Can I come in?"

Perrie, mortified at her current state, nods her head rapidly, ignoring the pang it sends to the temple of her forehead, and steps aside with her arm out, gesturing to come in. Finally speaking with her head low to avoid any occurrence of Jade smelling her breath, Perrie rasps out a quick dismissal for herself.

"Come in, just give me a second. I need to do...something really quick. Make yourself at home."

Quickly hustling off to her room, her bun bounces with every step. After closing her door and resting her back against it and lightly berating herself even more, Perrie undos her bun and runs a hand quickly through her hair as she quickly walks into her bathroom and grabs her toothbrush. After almost using her face wash as toothpaste, the blue eyed woman is carefully brushing her teeth and looking for any traces of eye goop near her eyes or snot on the bridge of her lips and thanks God when she doesn't find any.