Chapter 4

"...how are you holding up, Daisy?" Rosalina asked, worried for the girl. Everyone's spirit was down- for most people, their friend had just died. For Rosalina, a child of hers had died. And that was devastating.

"I'm.. ugh," Daisy sighed. "I don't know. I'm still just in disbelief."

"I think everyone is..." Rosalina closed her eyes. "Even Pauline..." Her fists clenched at
the name. "Everyone is just worried."

"Yeah," Daisy replied. "Pauline said my fight was delayed for a week to mourn.."

"Oh, really... mine were doubled..." Rosalina mumbled. "Probably to help me grieve..."

"Then I can't imagine what Kaira and Saiko's are going to be," Daisy looked away. "Probably insane."

"I believe they have one today... along with the showcase of Lavinia's body."

"...understandable... should we go?"

"Probably..."

"Alright. Let's get a move on, then."

<><><>

"Up next is a double fight- Bloody Hell strikes again!"

The mood was grim. Despite the cheering of the crowd and being together, Saiko and Kaira were focused. Laughing wasn't even allowed right now- they were much too upset for that.

Kaira pulled out one of her her katanas, Saiko grabbing her scythe. They were much too excited to fight, and get rid of their frustrations and pain.

"Oh? Muramasa makes its first appearance, as well as Permafrost!"

"What's the announcer talking about?" Daisy asked.

"They both got new weapons.."

Two giant dragons appeared, and in a split second, the girl's were on them.

"They're not even going to team up?"

Kaira sliced continuously at the dragon, her blades cutting deeper and deeper.

"With each blow, the demon blade Muramasa's power increases!" The announcer chirped. "And with each blow taken, the power increases as well! How insane!"

Kaira continued to slice through it, her bliss cutting deeper and deeper. The dragon roared, hitting her off of it, and she toppled to the ground, landing on her feet. She grit her teeth, annoyed. She jumped up, cutting the dragon into pieces, landing on her feet as the dragon deteriorated behind her. 

Meanwhile, Saiko's scythe easily sliced through her enemies. Permafrost was embedded with blue gems that sparkled and shone. She launched herself far into the air, quickly transforming Permafrost into a bolt rifle, shooting it in the air and as she landed, switching it back as she sliced through the dragon. Turning around, she let her power shine as ice encased the dragon.

"Oh! Permafrost has been noted to increase her attacks with water and ice, while increasing her stamina! It also makes her immune to water and ice damage!"

Saiko let the ice break, watching as the dragon disintegrated.

Immediately after they finished, four more dragons appeared.

"Oh my gosh-"

Kaira slashed through the first one, and was immediately hit by the other one.

"Kaira!" Daisy gasped, but it seemed Kaira was fine as she caught herself and landed on her feet. "Oh.."

Kaira sighed, unsheathing her other blade and wielding both of her weapons. Muramasa- a silver sword encrusted with black gems and a ominous presence, and Tentetsutou- a silver sword with white gems and shining bright.

"Oh

"Oh...! Oh! We're just getting word of this now! Kaira's two complimentary blades! The demon blade Muramasa and the heavenly blade; Tentetsutou!"

"... she really went all out..." Rosalina muttered. "...my god.."

"Seems to be the same as Kaira's other blade- increasing her speed instead! I'm just hearing word that it... punishes all enemies that are pure evil according to the blade? Oh my!"

Both of Kaira's blades swung, and Daisy couldnt even keep her eyes on her as the two dragons were sliced to pieces in front of her in a matter of seconds.

"I knew Kaira was strong, but I didn't know she was this strong..." Rosalina muttered. "I see..."

"And to have her power enhanced makes her even stronger," Daisy remarked. "No wonder she's Satsuki."

"Sh... don't say that out loud."

"Right. My bad...."

Icicles poured down onto the two dragons, the amount growing. It cut open the scales of the poor, unsuspecting dragons. Before they could even comprehend it, Saiko sliced them open with her scythe.

"And it's over! Bloody hell does it again!"

"That's not a surprise to anyone," Daisy jumped up. "Let's go congratulate them."

<><><>

"Wow, just... wow," Daisy nodded. "That was great, you two."

"Thanks," Kaira looked away. "...it's called my anger coming out."

"...I understand," Daisy sighed. "...your new weapons are pretty cool."

"Pretty expensive, too," Saiko added. "Yeah, very expensive..."

"Permafrost, huh..?" Rosalina took a glance at the weapon. "That's a cool name..."

"And the opposite name thing? Did you guys come up with it?"

"No," Kaira shook her head. "They're blades from outside this place. Makes me wonder what kind of world it is out there..."

"It's not a pretty one," Daisy told her. "When I was there, It seemed like it... but that's cause we were still in school. So many people on the streets... assassins roamed the streets. It was dangerous, my mom complained about it all the time."

"...I was just trying to keep us safe..." Rosalina muttered. "...I'm..."

"Don't worry about it," Daisy smiled. "If It wasn't for this place... I wouldn't have met all of you guys."

"You're right..." Kaira looked up. "And this time, I'm going to try to spend as much time as I can with everyone just in case something terrible happens again."

"That's true," Saiko nodded. "...but Saiko can't ever be the same..."

"You'd think we'd be used to it..." Kaira sighed. "But each person lost... who else are we going to lose?"

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy :) can it be? Two updates in a day? No way! XD

I watched the greatest showman today and it was sooooooooooooooooo good! Screw Jenny Lind though.

Rewrite the stars is my favorite song now...

Question of the chapter: do you guys want more arena battles to be shown, or to keep them out? This was my first one in awhile...

Thanks for reading!