Chapter 5

"Muramasa, Tentetsutou. How fitting," Mario sneered. "You do realize that you can't use those during your Satsuki rampages, correct? Otherwise people will recognize you... and that'd be a mess."

"I'm aware," Kaira said, monotone. "I'll use a normal blade. Calm down."

"Well, I'm glad to know you still have some common sense after Dixie's death," Mario snapped. "You guys need to get back into the swing of things. You've all had enough mourning time. Get back to work."

"...would you like me to take something special from you?" Kaira snarled. "Right. I forget. You're privileged, my bad."

"Don't forget who's in charge around here, Kaira," Mario responded. "I do the taking. Pauline may have been sympathetic today, but you know just as well as I do that that is just a one time deal."

"I'm aware, father," Kaira scowled. "I get it. But I swear, one day, I'm going to make you pay... you're going to understand how it feels in this hell."

<><><>

The two girls of Bloody Hell had gone through some terrible times, and even Saiko, the more cheerful one, hasn't smiled for days. It was almost like those days again...

"Momma!" The young Kaira had shouted, clutching onto her hand tightly. "S-she never smiles or t-talks..."

"Well, maybe she just needs to find something to smile about..." Rosalina had told her. "And give her time. She just got here, after all. She's probably traumatized from the lab."

"Why would she be trau-trau- whatever?"

"Because Saiko has gone through some... adjustments to herself for all four years of her life," Rosalina answered. "Mario had been having fun experimenting."

"Really? She went through experiments?"

"Uh-huh. And she was conceived in the tube as well. Her brain is even programmed to be more serious... don't take it to heart, Satsuki."

"Okay."

"Why don't you try to talk to her?" Rosalina had suggested.

"O-okay..."

The young Kaira had walked up to the four year old, nervous.

"I'm Satsuki.."

"I've already been told this," Saiko responded, monotone. "I'm aware of the situation right now and the consequences I will be bestowed if I talk. Mario does not like it when I talk."

"Wh-why wouldn't he like that?" Kaira questioned, confused.

"I don't care. All that matters is that he doesn't like it, so I should shut up and be good. I should be grateful I'm alive because of him."

"Well, he's not here right now, I don't think he'll mind if you talk to me... that's why you were brought here in the first place.."

"It's not a matter of if he'll mind. I would feel guilty and I would report you as well as me. So please stop talking before we get into trouble."

"...please.." Kaira whispered, despondent. Would she ever find anyone to talk to? "I just..."

"...I suppose it wouldn't hurt," Saiko sighed. "Satsuki is your name? My name is Saiko, or at least that's what I am called. Pleasure to meet you."

"You as well... can I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"How come you don't smile?" Kaira had asked, confused. "Smiling is good for you.."

"Because there's nothing worth smiling about."

Oh, how the tables had turned. Now Saiko was normally the one smiling and Kaira was the one scowling. Kaira's smiles weren't smiles- they were smirks, used when torturing or killing. But every once in awhile, she smiled- because of the people around her.

Well, that was before..

Saiko sat on the bed, playing with her sheets.

"Saiko's a psychopath... ahah... Saiko's a psycho... smile a little more before they see.."

Saiko sighed heavily, picking at her sheet, watching it unfold.

"Satsuki... Saiko wants to be free," Saiko said. "Mario yelled at Saiko today to get back to normal. Saiko doesn't want to be here anymore..."

"...he yelled at me too," Kaira responded. "But you know I can't leave. I'll literally..."

"Saiko's willing to take that chance. Saiko just can't be here anymore," Saiko spoke. "Saiko's going... crazy..."

"...I know it sucks," Kaira replied. "But things are going to get better. We have to hold our heads high and get through hard times... just like we always do. We have another fight tomorrow. We can take it all out again.."

"Saiko just wants Dixie back," She whimpered, a tear falling down her face. "Why... Dixie... things shouldn't have changed. Saiko hates Lavinia, that purple haired...! Saiko... Saiko just wants Dixie again..."

"I know," Kaira murmured softly as she hugged the bluenette, comforting her. "I do too... but we have to keep going on, for her sake."

A flashback of them being younger went through Kaira's head..

"Don't leave me."

"It's not fair," Saiko whispered. "Dixie just gets to leave without even worry about anything else.. leaving us here..."

"...she didn't want to leave. And she wouldn't want you to leave, either. Saiko... I know it sucks right now, but things will get better. I promise. So can you do one thing for me... and smile?"

Saiko looked up at the girl, tears in her eyes.

"Okay."

Hey everyone! So the FIRST official art of older Saiko is finally out XD

Oops. Anyway, I won't say I'm super proud of it either, but... win some, lose some.

Question of the chapter: do you guys want me to draw everyone's weapons? I drew Kaira's in the previous chapter. Saiko's is basically Crescent Rose from RWBY...

Thanks for reading!