Chapter 19

Where the hell am I?

Kaira looked around, confused to all hell. Where was she?

A loud scream interrupted her thoughts, and she cringed at the sound.

What the hell?

"The hell is going on here?" Kaira growled. She went to reach for Muramasa, when she realized it was gone. "Fuck!"

Suddenly, a memory clouded her head. She stumbled back, confused.

"Don't like katanas, do you?" She asked the four year old bluenette. "They're so much fun, I don't know how you couldn't!"

"I don't really see how they're fun," Saiko replied, not looking up. "This scythe, on the other hand..."

"That's much too big for me," Satsuki commented cheerfully. "Probably lose too much speed."

"No, not really. At least, not for me."

"Oh, well, someone's feeling cocky," Satsuki replied playfully. "You have more speed than me?"

"Yes, and?"

"Maybe you have more speed, but I hit a lot harder than you do."

"Yes, and?" Saiko cocked her eyebrow, annoyed. "What you state is fact. If you're trying to challenge me, I'll have you know you'll have to hit me first."

"But I don't want to fight you, I just want to talk to you," Satsuki frowned. "You haven't said much since you got here-"

"I have nothing to say," Saiko scowled, clearly annoyed with the small redhead. "You're terribly annoying. I'll give you credit for being better than those monsters you call parents."

"What's wrong with them?" Satsuki asked defensively. "They're wonderful. They've taken care of me my whole life-"

"You're blind if you think they're wonderful," Saiko sneered. "They've made me... do you know how much it hurt? I was only made for their entertainment. You might be their golden child, and I resent you for that."

"But.. I-"

"You don't understand anything," Saiko snapped. "You never will understand how horrible they are. I, on the other hand, have been exposed to their horrid ways since the beginning. I will not be fooled like you."

With that, the bluenette walked away to her cell, leaving Satsuki alone.

"They're not terrible," Satsuki shouted after her. "They're the best parents I've ever had! You're wrong. You don't understand..."

She got no response as Saiko continued to leave her.

"They're not terrible..." Satsuki repeated to herself. "You're wrong."

Satsuki. Her childhood self. Her innocence.

It was no wonder she wanted to take Daisy's heart. She wanted her innocence and life back...

"So, everything good between you two now?" Tsuki questioned. "I didn't realize that me being around you was causing that much of a problem."

"Haha! Don't worry about it," Satsuki smiled. "How could you have known anyway?"

"I can read minds."

"You can!?" Satsuki gaped. "Oh my gosh, that's so co-"

"No, I can't," Tsuki grinned. "Got you!"

"Aww, I got excited," Satsuki pouted. "I never know, since we have all these crazy powers and stuff..."

"Hehe! It's just funny to tease you. Anyway, I heard there's some more new people coming today."

"There is?" Satsuki cocked her head. "Oh, yay! I can't wait to meet more people!"

"Let's just hope they're nice," Tsuki smiled. "By the way, are you alright from watching.. that boy die...?"

"Yeah...I'm fine," Satsuki smiled. "He didn't deserve death, though."

"I don't think anyone deserves death," Tsuki told her. "No matter what you do, I believe in redemption."

"If you believe in redemption, then I will too!" Satsuki grinned. "Let's go find Scarlet and Saiko! We gotta tell them there's more people coming!"

"Sounds good to me."

Tsuki.

Kaira never really understood Satsuki's beliefs or her want for innocence. It seemed that she was just now understanding that part of her..

"Satsuki, please!" Saiko shouted as she put up ice wall after ice wall, Satsuki cutting through in seconds. Satsuki snuck behind her, knocking her to the ground and slicing a cut in her shoulder. "S-Satsuki..."

Saiko rolled out of the way as Satsuki's blade swung down where she used to be, grabbing Permafrost once more. She transformed it into a rifle, shooting Satsuki desperately. It was no use- while Saiko was naturally faster than Kaira, her transformation had just changed the power level of the redhead.

That was an old memory.

A memory of those two sparring, after Satsuki had broken. After she'd become...

Well, a monster.

More and more memories over took her...

<><><>

"Satsuki! Oh my gosh, Satsuki!" Saiko was panicked. "She- no!!"

"Calm down, we'll get her!" Toadette said. "Calm..."

The portal had disappeared, leaving behind an empty space.

"...down."

"NO!" Saiko was in hysterics. "S-Satsuki! No!"

The group tried to calm Saiko down, but the girl ran, trying to find the girl.

The first place she was going to look?

She was going to check with Mario- and pry the answer out of him- one way or another.

So... hey.

I've been trying to draw Alexis for the past week and I can't do it XD I'll get it eventually. She's just not turning out how I want her to.

Question of the chapter: what's the substance?

Thanks for reading :)