Chapter 21

"We have nothing to talk about," Kaira huffed. "Nothing."

"Now I don't think that's necessarily true, is it," Satsuki smirked. "I'm just here to talk, that's all."

"Right.. and I'm sure you have no motives behind it."

"My motive is good for you," Satsuki told her. "I've got a warning for you... don't destroy those Grand Stars."

"I'd like to get free, y'know," Kaira reminded her, despite her personal feelings of not wanting to let Satsuki loose. "But-"

"We're the same person. You know the risks," Satsuki reminded her. "Are you really going to risk letting me loose?"

"I figured you would want me to destroy them," Kaira responded. "Why wouldn't you want to destroy the world?"

"Silly," Satsuki laughed. "My home's here. My family's here. I have no need to leave... and neither do you. You don't want to leave, do you?"

"...I..." Kaira looked away. She didn't want to agree with her counterpart, but the problem was, she didn't want to go. Saiko was the only reason... "No, I don't want to. But Saiko does. That should mean something to you, doesn't it?"

"Of course it does," Satsuki looked offended that she wouldn't. "I want what she wants. The problem lies with the fact that I will destroy everything and you know it. At that point, it's not even about what I want. Put me around that many people, and all that innocence, and... hehe.. oh.. I want it back. Besides, I'm not about to lose this prison to some bratty child."

"Your younger self would've been friends with Daisy."

"My younger self was friends with a lot of people," Satsuki reminded her. "Even, if you remember, that green haired boy. Well, at least, I tried."

"Fair enough. But we're different now, and you know that. Now, you're..."

"Frightening. Evil."

"Desperate," Kaira finished. "For what, exactly? As if I don't already know."

"You said you know, so why make me say it?" Satsuki countered. "Oh, well. I just want everything to go back to how it was before..."

Satsuki's voice trailed off into the distance, and Kaira found herself enveloped in another memory.

Saiko opened the door slowly, and immediately purple eyes glared at her. It was the purple haired girl- and her gaze was so menacing that Satsuki wanted to shrivel up into a corner. But Saiko wasn't afraid.

"What do you want?" She snarled. "Go away."

"Who is it," Killia called from inside. "And don't be so rude."

"It's the warden's kids. And her friends."

"Well, shit, invite em in," Killia rolled her eyes, standing up and opening it for them. "Hi."

"Hi," Satsuki chirped. "Nice to meet you."

"Same... but why are you here?"

"Well, we wanna meet everyone!" Satsuki smiled. "I've never gone out of this prison, so... it's nice to make new friends!"

"Oh..." Killia nodded sympathetically. "Well, my name's Killia. The nasty tempered one over there is Utari."

"I do not have a nasty temper," Utari snapped. "...only when people deserve it."

"Which is always, in your terms," Killia sighed. "Anyway. Who are all you?"

"Satsuki..." Kaira glanced at her counterpart. "I know that-"