Thanksgiving Special

"Everyone, everyone!" Saiko jumped up and down happily. The group consisting of Rosalina, Daisy, Luigi, Kaira, Toadette, and herself were all gathered around the dinner table; and by that, it was the cafeteria table they normally sat at. "It's thanksgiving today!"

"It is?" Daisy's eye's widened in shock. "I didn't think that it was today...I never took the time to memorize what day Thanksgiving was."

Everyone nodded in agreement, realizing that out of all the holidays, it was probably one of the worst ones to forget about. After all, it was about giving thanks to those you cared about, or whatever you wanted to give thanks to. While it wasn't a day to celebrate religion and it wasn't a day to get candy, it was emotionally the best holiday to show that you were indeed, thankful.

"Doesn't seem as if we'll be getting turkey," Toadette said, her serious humor evident as usual. "Looks like everyone else forgot, too."

"...Saiko and I have never had turkey," Kaira shrugged, her red eyes slightly sad at the realization. "Probably never will."

"Well..." Saiko sighed, not sure how to come back from that. She placed her hand on Kaira's, trying to reassure her. "Saiko would like to give thanks to everyone here. Saiko is glad to have such amazing people in this place."

"I'd...like to give thanks," Rosalina piped up, reminding everyone that the quiet girl was indeed still there, and Saiko rolled her eyes. "I'm grateful for having...such wonderful and capable Lumas... and I'll be grateful when we kill Mario."

Luigi flinched at the words, obviously uncomfortable with the girl taking pleasure in his brother's death.

"Ooh, Saiko wants to go next!" Saiko piped up cheerfully, standing out of her seat and jumping. After a brief second, she sat back down and composed herself. Her excitement and resentment towards Rosalina ended as she spoke. "Okay. Saiko's thankful for having such great friends in here, Saiko's thankful for Permafrost, and Saiko's thankful for Kaira."

"That's a nice list," Daisy smiled as she realized that Saiko and Kaira didn't have much to be thankful about. Then again, she didn't really either in the prison. "Toadette, would you like to say anything?"

The short girl hesitated, and then cleared her throat. She closed her warm brown eyes as she began to speak.

"I'm thankful that you are all here to keep me sane, and I'm thankful that everyone here is safe."

"Saiko likes that, but Saiko's still pretty insane even with everyone," Saiko chirped. "Oops."

"I'm...I'm thankful," Luigi interrupted, wanting his turn to come before they forgot about him. "For having Daisy here with me, and for having you all. I'm thankful for having my parents, and my brother-"

He cut himself off as everyone stared at him, remembering just who his brother was. Despite Mario placing Luigi in the prison, he remembered the good memories too.

"That's it."

"Come on, Kaira, your turn!" Saiko urged, poking the redhead who sighed, turning to the group.

"Okay," Kaira didn't really put up much of a fight. "I'm grateful for you all, for my family, and for Saiko."

The two smiled at each other as Saiko placed her pale hand over Kaira's. Daisy felt as if she was watching a private moment, but it was really just the two reassuring each other that everything was going to be okay.

"That's wonderful," Daisy nodded, her lips curling into a grin. "Um, okay, I guess I'm last. I'm thankful for all of you, I'm thankful for all of you helping me through this place, I'm thankful for us all helping each other through everything... happy thanksgiving. Most of all," Her voice lowered so that listening ears wouldn't be able to hear. "I'm thankful for our escape."

"STOP!"

Daisy screamed as rats crawled towards her, ripping her orange princess dress to shreds and she thrashed helplessly to shake them free.

"I don't want to see this.."

Toadette attempted to close her eyes as screens surrounded her, Dixie's death and Toad's on repeat. She shook her head, trying to make it stop.

"Y...you monster..."

Rosalina glared at her ex beloved as she was restrained onto a lab table, and she was alone. All of a sudden, she screamed as the equipment neared her.

"Let them go!"

Luigi glared at Mario, as he was restrained in his chair, yet nothing had been done to him. Mario had enough humanity to not torture Luigi, but he wondered what was happening to his friends. He thrashed in his chair as Mario left the room.

"Saiko's...sorry..."

The blue haired girl choked as sorrow washed over her. The many cuts on her body from Pauline's willing sword reminded her of what she deserved for 'betraying' Satsuki Kaira Reiko.

"I'm grateful for you all, for my family, and for Saiko."

Hey everyone! I have no idea how I made some nice fluff into... what just happened.

Happy Thanksgiving! What are you all thankful for? I'm thankful for my family, my friends, a home.. and my girlfriend of course.

Thanks for reading!