Chapter 46

"Satsuki, what do you think you're doing?" Mario's voice blared over the intercom as guns were pointed at all of them, and the redhead's blood ran through them, disabling them quickly.

"You will not kill them!" The redhead screeched as she hurtled Tentetsutou at the intercom and the security camera. It shattered in an instant, and she grabbed it with her blood. "Get the hell out of here, what are you idiots doing?"

"I guess she doesn't care if we go casually break a Grand Star," Toadette remarked as her fans flew to her hand.

"Maybe we shouldn't," Daisy said quietly. "If we do, she'll go out and rampage against the entire world. If it's at our expense, it's our lives against millions."

"...I'm selfish, Daisy," Rosalina replied, her hand waving as her crown flew to it. She twirled her wand skillfully, her ice blue eyes staring at Daisy. "I will leave... whatever it takes... with, or without you."

Daisy hesitated, and looked over to Luigi. She knew of his fear for killing his brother. Yet, he nodded at her. He was willing to go through with her plan. She couldn't afford to have doubts any longer. Not when she had a broken team to lead. Alexis, Bunny, Aquelia, and Akane looked at her expectantly.

"...okay. Let's go."

The final Grand Star had to be broken in order for them to leave. It was unguarded by monsters, yet defended by Mario and his crew. It would be difficult to leave alive, and no one had any idea where Satsuki was, or what her plans were. Despite them having Saiko, they didn't know if they would be strong enough.

"There's an opening at the arena," Rosalina murmured. "Let us go."

As they ran through the halls, they encountered a snarling Pauline accompanied by Birdo and Wendy.

"There they are!"

"Everyone, get through..." Rosalina grit her teeth as she opened a portal, yet Akane shook her head.

"We'll hold them back," Akane told her, and Bunny as well as Alexis nodded. "Go!"

With a flash, the rest of the gang disappeared through the portal. Pauline, Birdo and Wendy grinned ferociously at the girls, while Alexis rounded her whip.

"Oh, you don't know how long I've waited for Mario to let me kill," Pauline hissed.

"Why don't you come at us, then!?"

With a growl, the wardens rushed at the three girls. Holding a sword, Pauline's blade danced as she rushed towards them. Akane teleported around her, using Pauline's attacks against her as Akane managed to scratch Pauline whenever Akane disappeared momentarily. Birdo wielded a pair of shotguns along with a spear. Bullets spilled out of her guns sporadically and Alexis deflected them with her whip. Her spear thrusted forward and Alexis shattered into pieces, revealing the real Alexis behind her. Bunny's daggers levitated towards Wendy's face, and Wendy deflected them skillfully with her bow and arrow. She began to shoot arrows at Bunny, which only worked against her, as Bunny just sent them straight back to Wendy.

The fight continued on harshly, yet Wendy was the one who was quickly overwhelmed. With Bunny's magic working against her, she cried out as a dagger pierced her stomach. She fell ro the ground, Bunny smiling viciously. Yet, the moment of triumph was quickly ruined as Wendy picked up her bow once again, surprisingly the girl. She was ready to deflect the arrows, yet Wendy smacked Bunny with her bow and sent the blonde backwards and into Alexis, who stumbled and tripped.

With both girls on the ground as well as Wendy, they both quickly rebounded up but it was plenty of time for Birdo to shoot, leaving Alexis with a hole in the bottom of her jacket as she'd moved just in time.

With the other two distracted, Akane found herself tiring from the overuse of her magic and wasn't able to teleport as fast, and she stumbled out of her last teleport, giving time for Pauline to smack the back of her head with a gun she'd pulled from her jacket. Knocking the girl out cold, she fired at Bunny, who reflected, but was enough of a distraction for Birdo to tackle the blonde. Of course, Birdo found herself regretting her action as Alexis' whip wrapped around her neck, and Birdo pulled frantically as Bunny ran her body through with her daggers. Birdo's body went limp, and with Wendy bleeding out on the floor, it was a two vs one fight.

Alexis made the first move, her illusions darting towards Pauline and her real self's whip lashed out, only to be immediately grabbed by Pauline. Her eyes widened as Pauline pulled Alexis towards her, and ran her sword right through the brunette. Her brown eyes wide, she could only stare at the sword as Pauline smirked, pulling it out of the girl. Pauline had seen right through her illusions, and Bunny growled as Alexis fell. Easily deflecting Bunny's daggers, Pauline easily closed the distance between them. Bunny was nowhere near a close range fighter as she struggled, and the second Pauline was within range, her sword easily found it's mark- Bunny's heart.

For once, the girl was quiet, as she fell to the ground without another word. Pauline took the sword out of her and ran it through Akane's chest, to ensure that it was really over for her. She sheathed her sword, whistling slightly as she collected Birdo's guns off of the girl.

The others may have died, but Pauline had accomplished her mission.

No one was going to leave on her watch.

Hey everyone! So... yeah. Sunshine and rainbows is not fun, okay? Don't get angry cause your OC died, by the way. I need tension. No one is safe. Mwahahahahha.

Question of the chapter: What challenges will await the main crew?

Thanks for reading!