Chapter 43

"There's no way out. There's actually no way out. They're going to torture us soon, and there's no way out."

"Shut up, Daisy!" Toadette snapped, not wanting to hear what was most certainly their upcoming fate. To be mentally crushed by Satsuki revealing Kaira had been gone for quite some time, and then knowing of what was to come of them, was not comforting to say the least. "Stop panicking. It's not going to get us anywhere."

"But what else can we do!?" Daisy struggled to breathe as she dealt with the anxiety of knowing the consequences of their actions. "W-we're all just sitting here, tied down! There's nothing else we can do!"

Saiko dejectedly looked away, her cheerful attitude completely sinking away. She no longer tried to struggle against her cuffs. The betrayal- well, it couldn't exactly be called a betrayal since it hadn't been Kaira who had done it- of Satsuki had broken Saiko. One, because it was partly her fault that Satsuki had betrayed them, for it was obvious that the redhead probably would've if she wasn't bitter from her being sealed away, and two, because she had loved-still loved- Satsuki Kaira Reiko, and the fact that their plans, her dreams had been foiled because of the one she loved filled her with rage and anger.

But at the same time, Saiko knew she didn't really deserve to be angry. After all, if Saiko hadn't asked Mario to lock away Satsuki to save innocent lives in the prison, Satsuki would've been helping them escape. Instead, the alter ego of Kaira had bound them inside of the prison all for a revenge plan on Saiko; which hurt, but she knew she deserved it.

She only wished that her plan didn't have to hurt everyone else. The others didn't have to get hurt because of her stupid mistake...

"Saiko...perhaps Saiko can convince Satsuki to let all of you go," The blue haired girl slumped in her chair. "It's all Saiko's fault, anyway. This is all because Satsuki wanted revenge."

"No, we stick together through this," Daisy replied, knowing that there was practically no way out. Cameras were pointed on them, their magic was drained, and they were all broken with rage and sorrow from Kaira's 'betrayal'. "We wouldn't leave anyone behind."

"But.."

"She's right," Toadette spoke. "We're all in this mess together."

"...Saiko, why exactly is it your fault? I'm confused," Luigi admitted, tugging on his restraints.

"...back when we were kids, we lost all of our friends," Saiko said softly, looking away. "It was particularly Tsuki's death that tore her apart. She started going on murderous rampages to quell her sorrow, since killing helped her. You all may not believe it, but Satsuki used to despise killing. Saiko wanted to stop her rampages, Saiko didn't want any more deaths to happen... so Saiko asked Mario if he could seal the murderous part of her away. He did, which is how Kaira came to exist... but it wasn't Satsuki. Kaira has her own free will, and her own feelings and Satsuki had to watch everything happen through her own eyes, but not reliving it. They did things differently... Saiko took Satsuki's free will. Saiko wishes it wasn't taken out on everyone else..."

"Saiko, it's not your fault," Daisy tried to reassure the blue haired girl who turned away in shame. "That happened awhile ago form what it sounds like. If she's not over it, that's not your fault-"

"But it is!" Saiko burst out, not allowing anyone to think differently. "If Saiko hadn't done it, everyone could've escaped-"

"But then everyone would be dead right now," Toadette refuted, still harboring annoyance and hatred towards the real personality of Satsuki Kaira Reiko. "You saved innocent lies from her, you should really be proud of yourself. Even though we're in here, you saved people from her rampages."

"But without Saiko, no one is there to stop Satsuki from rampaging right now," Saiko explained, her cold blue eyes tired. All of the energy had been sucked out of the usually cheerful girl as she only blamed herself. "Everyone will die soon, and no one can stop her. Saiko's the only one who can."

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying.

Question of the chapter: how angry are you at Satsuki/Saiko?

Thanks for reading!