Chapter 47

The portal opened up to the arena and everyone stepped out of it, looking around. Their eyes widened as they saw Satsuki casually standing there with her katanas sheathed and her arms crossed, as if she'd been waiting for them.

"So you all are leaving?"

The redhead stared at the rest of the group. Daisy nodded.

"...I will not help you," Satsuki told them, turning around. "For this is my home, and I will not kill Mario or Pauline. However, I will not stop you. Besides, the people outside are rather enticing..."

"Wait," Daisy shook her head, her blue eyes widening. "When we break the last star, will... will you be continuing your rampages... outside of here?"

"Daisy," Satsuki laughed, the sight of her pupil-less eyes throwing her off. "Why would that change? There will be even more people that are helpless.."

As Daisy looked around her, she saw that everyone in her group was turned to start walking towards the Grand Star. They didn't care if Satsuki killed everyone in the world as long as they were free.

Daisy sure as hell cared.

"You can't do that," Daisy sucked in a breath, realizing that challenging Satsuki was not smart in any way. "I-i won't let you."

"You won't let me?" Satsuki seemed equally surprised as the rest of the group. "What are you going to do about that?"

"I-I'm going...I'm going to fight you if I have to."

"Daisy, this is suicidal for yourself," Satsuki's hands went to her katanas as Daisy drew her rapier. "You know you cannot beat me. I'm offering you the chance to leave, and you are trying to kill me for it?"

"It's my life or millions of others."

Daisy dashed at Satsuki, her blade aiming for her chest as Satsuki blocked her attack easily, smirking. The redhead whipped her leg out and kicked Daisy in the stomach, sending her to the ground.

"Stop!" Saiko cried out, stepping forward and pulling out her beloved scythe. "Don't...don't fight Daisy. Satsuki said it herself, she can't beat Satsuki. But... Saiko..."

"Saiko...?" Satsuki's eye's widened and she shook her head. "No, I won't hurt you."

"Satsuki will!" Saiko grit her teeth. "If Satsuki believes in staying here, then fight like she means it!"

Kaira, they perhaps stood a chance against, because her power was toned down and because Kaira sympathized with Daisy.

Satsuki, was a bloodthirsty murderer.

Before the girl could utter another word, Saiko dashed at Satsuki, so fast that Satsuki could barely dodge it. Gritting her teeth, Satsuki had to focus all of her energy into making sure Saiko could not land a hit on her despite her speed. Ice rained on Satsuki, reminding Daisy of the tears Saiko shed.

 Ice rained on Satsuki, reminding Daisy of the tears Saiko shed