Chapter 42

"FREEZE! DONT MOVE- OR ILL SLIT HER THROAT!"

The lights turned on abruptly, Pauline holding a sword to Daisy's throat. Daisy gasped, confused as she tried to pry the sword away from her, but it was pointless. Pauline was much stronger than she appeared.

"Put your hands up, drop your weapons," Mario appeared, in a much more calm fashion. Daisy realized with a dreading feeling that they must've snuck up while they were talking. "Now!"

Rosalina was staring at Mario, rage in her eyes as her power continued to grow, aimed still at the grand star.

"Rosalina, please, stop!" Luigi begged. "You can't let them kill Daisy!"

"He's right. You better stop that, or I'll kill her," Pauline taunted, pressing it slightly against her neck. "Oh, I've been dreaming of this moment."

"Ugh...!"

Rosalina's teeth grit and looked away, as she reluctantly put her hands up, her power fading.

Everyone dropped their weapons, Permafrost clattering to the ground loudly.

"To think you guys would try to sneak away," Pauline sneered. "There's no way it would've happened. I don't know why you guys tried..."

"Wh-what-?"

"You know, you can stop the act now," Pauline told them. "There's no need for you to pretend."

"Pauline-"

"Why don't you show everyone?"

The girl sighed deeply. Kaira slowly lowered her hands, placing them back onto her katanas that she drew. She pointed it at the orange girl. Daisy stared at her in horror as she realized her friend had never dropped her weapons in the first place..

"Wh-what!?"

"Sorry," Kaira told her. "But your friend is gone."

"K-kaira-!?" Daisy gasped. "No, I can't believe this..."

"S-Satsuki-?" Saiko looked at Kaira desperately, trying to think she was wrong. "N-no..."

"Aw, Saiko," Kaira smirked, watching everyone surrender. "Yes, you're right. 'Kaira' has been gone for quite awhile now."

"She's Satsuki," Toadette stiffened. "Fucking shit..."

"No!"

Saiko grabbed Permafrost, her eyes filled with rage and despair as she aimed for Kaira's-Satsuki's- throat. Satsuki easily blocked it, the bluenette continuing to aim blows that Satsuki countered.

"Saiko!" Pauline yelled sharply. "Don't you-"

"Stop," Satsuki replied calmly as Saiko continued her rage. While there was remorse in her eyes, Daisy knew it was only from having to hurt Saiko and not from betraying them. "Don't worry about me."

"Saiko never should've created Kaira..." Saiko snapped as ice barraged Satsuki quickly, Tentetsutou blocking each hit while Muramasa blocked the scythe. "If Saiko has just dealt with Satsuki's rage.."

"I should've known..." Rosalina muttered. "All my children... do this.."

"K-Kaira-!" Daisy stammered. "All along..!"