Chapter 13

Why is she here?

How is she here?

Peach's mouth opened again as if to say something, then shut wordlessly. She seemed shocked to see Daisy, but maybe she was just shocked to see Daisy perform all of her... stunts.

Either way, Daisy had to talk to Peach.

When she left the arena, she practically sprinted to Kaira and Saiko.

"Can you guys do me a huge favor?" Daisy panted. "Please?"

"Depends," Kaira folded her arms. "But probably. What'd you need?"

"I need to talk to someone in the human side of the arena," Daisy explained. "Can you help me get over there?"

"Oh, don't worry about it," Kaira told her. "We've got it."

"Yup! Saiko will show you the way. Kaira will... distract the guards."

"Distract?"

"Knock then out," Kaira clarified. "I don't do distract."

"Oh. Got it."

<><><>

Daisy crept around the arena as Kaira continued to take down the guards. Saiko led her down the hall. Daisy felt kinda guilty as she probably should've fetched Luigi so they could say hello to their friend, but it was too late now.

"This.. is just back to the cells," Daisy protested. "There's no door-"

"Shh."

Saiko glanced around, and quickly placed her hand against the wall. It opened slowly, and Saiko pushed her in. Stumbling, Daisy caught herself before she fell completely.

"If Daisy tells anyone, Saiko will kill Daisy," Saiko reminded her. "Keep what happens in here a secret."

"I know."

Saiko shut the door, sighing heavily.

Daisy crept into the crowd, and she realized she stood out largely due to her dress and crown. She had just been in the arena- so people recognized her. Most of them congratulated her on her 'performance' and wished her luck on future ones, but Daisy didn't care about any of that. Where was she?

Golden blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and an innocent look on her face. There she was. Peach. Daisy never thought she'd see Peach ever again, but seeing her face filled her with hope again...

The hope and promise of getting out.

"Daisy!"

Peach rushed out of her seat, and the two met in a hug. Daisy's eyes filled with tears as she squeezed her friend. She hadn't been home in so long, and Peach reminded her of where she truly belonged. Not in a prison filled with insanity, but at home with her friends.

She couldn't wait to get out.

"What happened?" Peach asked worriedly. "Why were you.. down there with them?"

Daisy wanted to tell Peach everything. But she had to remember her promise to Saiko. Telling Peach everything would make her... part of them. But maybe that could be beneficial? So Peach could help them... from the outside? Would she agree, though? Would she even believe her...?

"Oh my gosh, Daisy," Peach didn't even let Daisy answer her. "It's... it's been so hard without you. And then Luigi got taken away too... it's been so terrible. You have no idea..."

While Peach was a very strong leader and had many desirable traits, she was very emotional. The girl had actually lost both of her best friends, so Daisy couldn't even begin to imagine what she'd been like while she was gone. Daisy let her friend hug her as the blonde cried.

"D...Daisy? Are you listening?"

"I can't believe you're here," Daisy whispered softly. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," Peach smiled through her tears. "What's happening? Why are you here?"

"I can't tell you everything," Daisy hesitated. "But lets just say that what you just saw was real, not a performance."

"Wh-what?"

Looking around to make sure no one was watching, Daisy let a tiny flower grow out of her hand. Peach gasped in disbelief.

"Is that why you were..."

"Yes," Daisy explained. "This place... its to help me get my power together. Peach. Do you have any kind of birthmark on you?"

"On me?" Peach thought about it. "No, no birthmarks."

"Good," Daisy sighed in relief. "That's good to know. A couple of my friends in here and I are going to try to escape.. can you try to help us?"

"Me?" Peach's eyes widened. "How can I help you guys get out?"

"Just have a place for us to stay?" Daisy suggested. "Please.."

"Yeah, yeah, of course," Peach nodded. "Anything for you."

"Thank you so much," Daisy smiled. "Luigi... he's here too."

"He is?"

"Yes. I'm sure he would've loved to see you..." Daisy sighed. "But I'm glad I got to see you."

"Me too," Peach agreed. "I can't wait until you two get out... I need you guys."

"Our trio needs to be reunited..."

Daisy saw Saiko waving from the other side of the arena, and she sighed.

"I have to go now. Saiko was kind enough to let me come over here.."

"Saiko?"

"One of my friends."

"Oh."

"Anyway... I'm so glad I saw you," Daisy hugged her friend one last time. "I hope it's not long till we see each other again."

"Me too," Peach closed her eyes. "Tell Luigi I said hello, okay?"

"I will."

Neither of them wanted to let go, but Daisy had to go. As she walked away, Daisy smiled softly at her.

"Bye, Peach..."

"Bye, Daisy."

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this chapter! I feel as if this book is getting less views, so that's a bummer, but I'm glad that if you're reading this, you're reading it

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this chapter! I feel as if this book is getting less views, so that's a bummer, but I'm glad that if you're reading this, you're reading it. You guys are all I need.

Question of the chapter: what ships (if any) should be in the book?

Thanks for reading!