Chapter 33

"Um, Rosalina-San... Do you know why there's a giant hole in the wall?"

Aquelia stared at the hole in the wall caused by Bunny, that the prison had yet to fix. That was one obvious observation of the prison going haywire- normally, Mario and Pauline would've had it fixed by now. Instead, they were too busy trying to make sure no one broke in to the Grand Star. The problem with the corridors leading to the Grand Star for them was that they previously hadn't installed cameras, and the group was sure they were planning it soon enough, which would foil their plans, so they had to work quickly. As Rosalina and Aquelia spoke, Daisy was busy training with Saiko in their room, trying to get used to the hammer. Rosalina would accompany Daisy to transport them out of there, since Rosalina simply wasn't strong enough to ward off threats without her powerful magic and her signature weapons.

"The party girl named Bunny..." Rosalina tried to explain to the younger innocent girl. Having another child to take care of painfully reminded her of Satsuki and Saiko. They'd both been so happy, until... well, Rosalina hoped she wouldn't mess up again. For Aquelia's sake, she couldn't. Not again. "It's not extremely important..."

"But...Why haven't they fixed it?"

"They're... busy."

She couldn't protect Satsuki, she couldn't protect Saiko. But at the very least, she could own up to her mistakes, and she could protect Aquelia.

<><><>

"Good job, Daisy! Saiko's so proud!"

Daisy's body screamed in pain as she collapsed to the ground, panting heavily. After an intense training session with Saiko, her body was beat. After all, unlike Kaira or Toadette, Saiko didn't exactly stop or try to stop actual injuries from occurring. Saiko... well, actually fought Daisy.

It didn't end well.

Saiko was holding her scythe cheerfully, but with the lack of room, it had been rather hard to fight. Still, they'd made do. Saiko had absolutely beat Daisy down, having no mercy and completely forgetting that Daisy was actually getting hurt. The number of cuts and wounds on Daisy's body were too many to count, and she couldn't breathe. Still, Daisy had managed a couple of hits on Saiko with the giant hammer, although she was sure that Saiko had went easy on her.

"Well?" Daisy gasped for breath. "I...I.."

Daisy fainted, exhaustion hitting her like a truck and Saiko's eyes widened.

"Um... Saiko doesn't think that was supposed to happen."

<><><>

"Honestly, Saiko! What did you expect to happen? There was a huge wound on her stomach! And there were so many cuts and bruises.."

"Saiko's sorry, okay!?"

Daisy felt sore in her body, like she'd been struck by a thousand punches at the same time. As she opened her eyes slightly, she saw a dejected Saiko arguing with the healer of the prison, Angel. As the healer, Angel was exempt from arena battles since the prison couldn't afford to lose their doctor, but it also meant that Angel had to work daily.

"It's fine. She'll be all healed up soon. The medicine will be kicking in, and she'll be fine," Angel sighed, biting her full bottom lip, her white hair falling into her face, which she pushed back with a free hand. "Can I ask why you two were training so diligently?"

"Daisy wanted to get stronger," Saiko lied smoothly, not even hesitating which surprised Daisy. She hadn't expected Saiko to be able to lie. "So Saiko trained with her! What better way to get stronger than to fight Kaira or Saiko?"

"Um, perhaps the training area, where no one gets hurt?" Angel responded, rolling her eyes. While her name and appearance suggested a innocent angel, her personality was sarcastic and reluctant to help others when it didn't include her personal benefit. She did get paid to help, after all. "They create holograms for a reason, Saiko."

"She'll never learn like that. She's got to experience the real thing, or else she won't know what to do when she's out in the real world. Those monsters get harder and harder."

"I guess."

Not wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation any longer, Daisy opened her eyes fully and groaned quietly. They turned to her, nodding in approval.

"See, I told you."

"How is Daisy feeling?" Saiko asked, attacking her with questions. "Saiko's sorry! Saiko didn't mean to hurt Daisy so much, Saiko thought Daisy was okay-"

Okay?

Daisy wondered how in the world Saiko thought Daisy was okay. She'd been beaten down to the ground, and Saiko thought she'd be alright.

"I'm fine," Daisy didn't want to make the blue haired girl feel bad if she was going to get healed up later anyway. "Don't worry. Once I'm healed we can continue."

"Okay!"

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying :) published this chapter bright and early. Or maybe it's not bright and early for you guys.

Thanks for reading!