Chapter 30

"Satsuki."

It had been a week since Rosalina had broken a Star, and Kaira hadn't woken up since she'd fainted that day. It had worried Saiko to the point of bringing her to Mario, and the man stood over the girl in a state of upset.

"Satsuki, I know you're awake."

The redhead opened her eyes slowly, looking up at the man she deemed her father for most of her life. Kaira scooted herself into a sitting position, ignoring the throbbing pain in her head.

"What am I doing here?" Kaira scowled, moving a hand to her head and rubbing her temples. "I'm assuming because of the pain, that another Star was broken."

"Yes," Mario grit his teeth in frustration of the reminder. "But you're not here to talk about that. You're here to make sure you're actually okay."

"Let me get this straight, you actually care about me now?" Kaira scoffed, shaking her head. "Even after-"

"Stop," Mario sighed in frustration. "Just stop. I've never stopped caring. You're my daughter, Kaira, even if it's not biological. I've assumed that you wouldn't want to be seen in the presence of the master around here, but if you want, I can become more of a father figure-"

"Don't bother," Kaira said bitterly. "...am I free to go now?"

"Sure, go cause a mess that I'll have to clean up later," Mario replied sarcastically. "Oh, you missed a warden meeting, by the way. I'm sure Saiko will fill you in."

"Okay, whatever."

She stood, ignoring the dizziness that came with it, and walked out.

"Please don't be the one breaking Grand Stars..."

<><><>

"Too many problems. Too many problems!"

"Saiko...calm down-"

"Don't tell Saiko to calm down!"

Whoever thought it was a smart idea to leave a pissed off and worried Saiko with the woman she hated named Rosalina, was not very bright. Adding on to Saiko's original hate for the woman who created her, the fact that the Grand Star's destruction as well as Kaira's problems was their fault again did not sit well with her. When Satsuki had started going on rampages, Saiko had come up with the idea of another persona, another person just like Satsuki but without the urges, thus creating Kaira. But by doing so, Saiko missed the real Satsuki, and she knew that she no longer existed. Anything that remained of the real, friendly, innocent Satsuki was destroyed, leaving a bitter, explosive shell of her former self.

"Saiko, it's going to be okay..." Rosalina didn't know what to say. After all, her and Mario had been the reason Saiko was born, which Saiko resented. While Kaira used to see Rosalina as a motherly figure, Saiko saw her as a woman who fell in love stupidly and only loved Satsuki, only to get betrayed. "Mario's probably already awoken her-"

"Of course, Rosalina would know all about Mario," Saiko rolled her blue eyes, her childish nature coming out in thrashing waves, as her words overtook her like a whirling tornado too fast to stop. "Saiko wouldn't be surprised if Rosalina was just an undercover spy."

"I would never.."

"Really? Is Rosalina sure about that?" Saiko crossed her arms, her electrically blue eyes glaring at the platinum blonde woman. "Rosalina started all this. The only reason you want to leave is because you got duped. If not, Rosalina would be lounging with Mario right now, laughing at everyone in here!"

"Saiko. I realize what...I did in the past... was a mistake. And given that choice again... I wouldn't take it-"

"Bullshit!" Saiko cried out, shaking her head in disbelief, startling the woman. Saiko never swore. To have the girl so riled up to bring her to swearing meant that Saiko must be really pissed, which, she was. While it may have seemed silly to some, Saiko wasn't one to just forgive and forget, unlike the nicer generation of Daisy and Luigi. But to be fair, they'd never gone through the bitter life Saiko had. All those two knew was happiness before their life.

Saiko knew betrayal, death, and how to hurt those she loved most.

"Saiko-"

"Shut up!" Saiko roared, and as she was about to go off on Rosalina, the door opened, revealing a battered and broken Kaira. Immediately, Saiko's eyes softened and she rushed to the redhead, helping her to the bed. "Satsuki! Are you okay?"

"I'll live," Kaira grumbled, holding her head in frustration at her weakness. "What are you doing here, Rosalina?"

Rosalina cringed at the informal tone from two people she considered her children, but answered nonetheless.

"I-"

"She's getting out!" Saiko cut her off abruptly. "Bye!"

Outside the hallway, Samantha heard screaming from the room and stared at it in confusion.

Becoming a warden was going to mean dealing with crazy inhabitants, but also the warden's themselves.

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed today's update...

I drew something for my RWBY book and it deleted. It's fine, I only wasted an hour.... *sarcasm right here* that's an hour I could've been writing. Ugh.

Question of the chapter: What do you think will happen next?

What book should I update next? (Please...don't say distance. I literally can't write it anymore.)

Thanks for reading!