Chapter 24

"Luigi!"

The green clothed boy turned around to face Daisy in a huff. He hadn't had time to retreat into his cell before the door closed, and the two were granted privacy.

"Daisy, what? I'm not going to kill my brother."

"I know you're not going to, I don't expect you to," Daisy panted. She'd had to chase after him. "Just... just help us get out of here. I can persuade the others not to hurt him."

That... was not necessarily true. By any means. Daisy knew Rosalina would stop at nothing to see Mario dead, or at least severely injured. But Daisy didn't want to leave this prison without Luigi. She knew she could do it without him... but they were friends.

Friends never leave each other behind.

"Can you really, though?" Luigi scowled. "Rosalina seems pretty hell bent. Saiko does too. Good luck trying to persuade those two, unless you want to end up paying with your life."

"Please," Daisy begged. "What has he done for you besides put you in this prison? What kind of sibling does that?"

"You just don't understand. I wouldn't expect you to," Luigi sighed. "You don't have a sibling. Mario may have done some bad things, but I'll always forgive him. No matter what. We've had some good times, and some bad times, but I'll always love him. Call it a sibling oath. Sure, he sometimes comes on a little strong... but no one knows him. No one does."

"Luigi..."

"I want to get out of here," Luigi confessed. "You know I do. I'm not willing to hurt Mario, though. I won't watch him go down. You'll have to fight me to do it. If you can persuade them not to hurt Mario, I'll help."

This was a problem..

Daisy knew that the group was more than enough to handle Luigi. But she couldn't hurt Luigi, either...

"Okay, I'll try my best."

<><><>

Kaira's eyes had to adjust to how dark the room was compared to wherever she'd been before. As she looked around, she suddenly realized something.

This was the Grand Star room.

Satsuki led her to the Grand Star room? Why would she do such a thing?

Unless that wasn't really Satsuki...

Then who was that? And what were they doing there?

"Remember what we talked about. It's up to you to decide."

It's up to me to decide.

As Kaira looked at the Grand Star, she understood what she meant.

It's up to me to decide whether I want to go through with this or not.

Destroy the Grand Star, or not..?

Was she with Daisy, and wanting to leave?

Or was she willing to stay, with Mario and Pauline?

Kaira knew this was probably her one chance to destroy this Grand Star. They had to get all seven. Getting rid of this one would leave four left...

What should she do?

Stepping up to it, she slowly raised her hands, raising Tentetsutou.

<><><>

"H-hey... Rosalina-San?" The blue haired Aquelia was nervously looking at the ground. "I-I've got a favor to ask.."

"Sure.. what is it?"

"U-um... I've been having a lot of nightmares lately," Aquelia admitted. "I'm pretty sure it's because I'm missing my old life.."

"Ah... I understand..." Rosalina nodded her head. "Did you guys... live underwater? Y'know..."

"No, it's just me with this, it works the same as everyone else's powers.."

"Ah..."

Aquelia's power was quite simple.

She could turn into a mermaid.

It was rather cool, but also rather useless in a prison like this. Rosalina hoped that when they were able to break out, Aquelia got a better use of her tail.

"Anyway..." Rosalina said. "You might be able to see them soon... and I'll be here to help you all that I can.."

"You're right," Aquelia smiled. "I'm just grateful I have you here..."

<><><>

"Did you find her yet?" Saiko was pacing the room nervously. "Saiko never should have let Kaira go into that thingy-"

"I found out what it is," Mario interrupted. "It's an entrance to the Grand Stars... I shouldn't be telling you, but I trust that you won't try anything. She should be fine."

"She'll be okay?" Saiko breathed. "Oh, Saiko's so happy-"

"Wait," Mario leaned forward as he watched the cameras. "That's her..?"

Saiko watched in horror as she saw the redhead raise Tentetsutou, shattering the Grand Star. Almost immediately, she screamed before she went down like she was hit by a car.

"Shit!" Mario cursed. "What's she doing? Wait.. hold on."

Mario typed frantically and the screens played back, zooming in on her face. Saiko couldn't see much, but she could see that her pupils were gone. It was Satsuki.

"Why would Satsuki want to break out of here?" Mario frowned. "Saiko, I'm trusting you. Go get her."

A door opened beside him, and Saiko dashed towards it. It opened after Mario placed his hand on the identification screen. Saiko dashed through it, holding the girl in her arms.

"Saiko's bringing Satsuki back," Saiko announced. "Is that okay?"

"Yes," Mario nodded. "Let me know how she's doing."

"Okay."

Saiko headed down to their cell, dreading when Kaira woke up for the pain she would face.

What happened to her?

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Question of the chapter: Did you catch the reference earlier?

I also won't be able to update this book anymore until I reach a certain part in my book Sanity, so... yeah.

BIG NEWS!

I'm rewriting Insanity as an original on my second account! @alwaysmissngyou

Please check it out if you're enjoying :)

Thanks for reading.