Chapter 9

"Kaira!"

Daisy was running down the halls, trying to look for the red-haired warden. Everyone else was staying at her cell, trying to formulate a plan.

"Kairaaaaa!"

It should've been obvious where Kaira would be. The training hall. Of course, it was the last place Daisy checked. She found Kaira there, swinging her katanas violently.

"Kaira!"

The redhead looked at the girl, and stopped her blows.

"What.."

"Look... I know you're worried about what might happen," Daisy said. "But I know you, now. I know you can control it-"

"Daisy, I really can't," Kaira shook her head. "I can't. I can't control Satsuki-"

"You can. At least, you thought you could when you tried to escape last time."

"That's different. I didn't know at that time," Kaira said. "They told me after. Trying to escape again will result in me massacring everyone.."

"No, it won't. You'll be fine."

"You don't understand, Daisy!" Kaira frowned. "I can't! Why is that so hard to get? I can't control what I do. It's just what happens."

"Think about all of us! We all want to get out. How will you know if you don't try-"

"You're being stupid, Daisy!" Kaira shouted, clearly annoyed. "I'm going to kill everyone. Done, and done. There's no coming back from that. Us trying will get us all killed, no second chances. Understand that, you idiot!"

"I-"

"No, you don't get it. I know you don't understand. I don't understand what's to hard about it. Even if we somehow manage to escape, everyone dies. I thought you would've realized by now that this isn't a fantasy world after Dixie's death, but you just think things are still sunshine and rainbows. We will die if we try. And what makes you so sure I even want to leave? I have everything I want here."

"I- I'm sorry..."

"...whatever."

It was obvious the redhead was hiding something, and it was making her upset. Figuring it was something about her past, Daisy decided she wanted to find out.

"Hey... you can tell me whatever you're hiding," Daisy nudged her. "Why don't you tell me why you don't want to leave?"

"I..."

"I won't judge."

"...fine," Kaira sighed. "Like I said before... leaving equals everyone dead. But the last time we tried... we failed. When that happened, Saiko and I were separated. I don't want to be separated ever again.."

"Oh... that makes sense," Daisy nodded. "But you know what... we're going to make it out this time. I swear that we will. We won't fail."

"That's what we said..." Kaira wasn't convinced. "You're going to have to show me more conviction than that. I'm unimpressed."

"...I'm willing to die in the process of leaving," Daisy said quietly. "I can't stay here anymore. I thought it was safe... but Dixie's death showed me otherwise. I can't stay here any longer. I've got family and friends on the outside, too. I need to get out and see them!"

"...look, Daisy, I know you want to leave, but-"

"Please," Daisy begged. "...if not for me, then do it for Saiko. You know how much she wanted to see the outside world..."

"But I... I'll..."

"Please. I'll do anything."

"...fine... but don't say I didn't warn you," Kaira looked away. "Me destroying the world is on you."

"Okay. I'm willing to take that chance."

It was silent for a moment.

"How do you feel about leaving?" Kaira askd quietly.

"I'm so excited to get out!" Daisy smiled. "What about you, Kaira?"

"I'm... excited, I suppose," Kaira looked away. "...yeah."

"That's not very convincing."

"I'm just... nervous. For obvious reasons."

"Yeah, I get that," Daisy nodded. "Oh, what about those magic cuffs?"

"Those are powered by the Grand Stars," Kaira explained. "Destroying the Grand Stars would mean the cuffs would be useless."

"So there's really no way to nullify your power.."

"Nope..." Kaira looked away. "Oh, there's also- er... never mind."

"What?"

"I said never mind," Kaira shook her head. "It wouldn't work. It really wouldn't."

"Eh, okay.."

Daisy was still suspicious, but she wasn't going to question it. If Daisy didn't want her to know, she'd understand. That was the least she could do after forcing Kaira to do something that was a risk for herself and everyone, right?

<><><>

"Rosalina-San... you've been really quiet lately," Aquelia murmured. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm fine," Rosalina replied. "I've just been thinking.."

About killing Mario and Pauline.

"If you say so.."

I swear, I will get out, Rosalina thought. And when I do, I'm taking them down with me.

Hey all, thanks so much for reading! I wanted to give you guys a snippet of what's to come...

...and then opened again, full of concentration... appeared from... her power growing...

I had to take some stuff out cause spoilers, haha.

Question of the chapter (cause I'm curious, lol) who do you think would win- Kaira or Saiko? I was just thinking about it the other day, and I'm not really sure... Bloody Hell is great.

Thanks for reading!