s i x

kim baram

"where are you going noona?" baram stops her feet before the door when jungwoo asks.

she's already dressed in her jogging suit and running shoes with her headphones already circle around her neck and her brother on the other hand still in his last night clothes.

last night they went out, with jaehyun or what jungwoo know as yoon-oh, his singing instructor and baram had to admit that jaehyun is a very attractive male.

she saw how adorable he is when he gets tipsy on the fifth bottle of soju and how his cheeks and nose got red because of it, gladly he still can walk back home with his own feet.

baram saw the other side of jaehyun even though he just started working and just met each other as an office partner.

"noona?" jungwoo called when his sister spacing out out of nowhere and made her blinked her eyes twice.

"a jog, want to come?" baram asks and quickly jungwoo shake his head, his bed hair bopping along with him before he went back inside his bedroom to take another nap.

a chuckle left her lips before shaking her head and went outside the door. jungwoo will never say yes for a jog or even to the gym, he's a college student and he will take his time to rest and get lazy every saturday or sunday.

and for baram it was her morning routine every saturday and sunday morning, just when the sun starts to appear she jog around the neighborhood and like the warm heat hitting her skins. she's aware that now the weather is bad for jogging but the gym near her house is in renovation, she had no choice.

she start to play the music while stretching her limbs before finally going around the neighborhood she's living in.

-

her breaths starts to get heavy after a good two hour of jogging, sweats dripping from her forehead and also around her neck. she took the mineral water from the vending machine near a convenience store, gulping all the water in one gulp.

after a minute of rest, her breaths is getting back to normal and it's time for her to return home, taking a good warm bath and cook breakfast for jungwoo and herself.

while she was jogging back to her place, she saw a familiar figure jogging towards her way just with a track pants and white headphone on his ear. no shirt.

baram stopped on her tracks wanted to run away or hide or maybe never wanted to be seen with none other than lucas.

just when she wanted to turn around, running towards the other way, a hand had stopped her from moving giving her chills when his cold hands land on her shoulder.

"where do you think you're going miss?" his deep voice speak before turning her around to face his sweaty and red face.

"it's not nice to ignore your boss." he continue before finally baram rolled her eyes and let out a scoff.

"we're not in the office lucas, don't be such a cocky person." she push his hand off her shoulder before took a step back away from lucas when she can smell his addicting colonge.

he chuckle, scratching his temple and looking down to his feet before looking back up to land his eyes at her, "you're still the same since high school kim baram."

he took a step forward that in result baram took a step back too which he caught her waist, pulling her into his sweaty chest.

his eyes suddenly change, it became dark and hooded. baram gulp the lump in her throat. this is another side of lucas that she never see before, not from this distance.

"feisty and attracting." he said while baram tried to wiggle her wrist off of lucas' strong grip. a smirk appears on his face, baram can see his brown eyes staring back at her clearly from this close distance.

"get away from me." baram push lucas away from her only to make her in contact with his chest. his strong scent hitting her nose and her lips kissed his middle chest.

"admit it baram, you can't resist me." he said just beside her ear, his deep voice vibrating into her ear.

baram shivers while grasping everything that is happening, baram then push his chest and finally free from his chest.

baram sent him glare before turning around on her heels and start to jog her way back to her house.

-

"who does he think he is? lee minho? ppft." baram mumble under her breaths as she cooks breakfast after a good warm bath.

"when can he change? - he can never change, of course, he's a fuckboy, it's in his genes." baram bitterly chuckle while flipping the pancake and place it on the plate in front of her.

baram will never forget how he do those things to her in high school - it used to be more violent than what happen this morning; how he grab her by the wrist and just stare into her eyes with a teasing look.

baram clench the spatula on her hand while biting her lip didn't realize that the pancake on the pan is burning and when the burning scent went to her nose she cursed under her breaths and turn off the stove.

"fucking hell." baram cursed while blowing some air to make the burning smoke disappear, "fucking hate you won yuk-hei."

she throw the burnt pancake into the trashcan with a lot of force and try to make another one but jungwoo came in the kitchen seeing his sister in a mess.

"noona--"

"what?!" baram replied too loud that make jungwoo pout and furrowed his brows in return, "i mean what do you need my dear brother?"

his brows furrowed deeper before baram took a deep breath before letting it all out, "sorry, jungwoo - rough morning."

"i guess the morning run didn't go well." jungwoo said as he took a seat in the dining table. baram let out a heavy breaths, nodding her head.

"saw a ghost on the way back." jungwoo widen his eyes while staring at his beloved sister.

"at a time like this?"

"no - of course not jungwoo." baram said while placing a place with two pancakes in front of jungwoo and placed other dressing for him to eat.

"well, you'll never know noona."

yeah, i saw a goddamn hot ghost this morning brother. you'll know brother, you'll never know.