t h i r t e e n

lucas

three days. it's been a three days that baram didn't come to the office and it worries lucas for some reason. he haven't had the chance to contact, to busy receiving calls and making calls.

the office suddenly becomes hectic; employee come and goes inside his office for approval and other things that makes him tired not even for a day.

he may have say too much that day towards baram, he didn't mean it - but he just can't stand it when someone is being so close with baram beside him. it just makes him boil inside.

those words just came out from his lips automatically and he regret it the very moment. seeing her eyes watered and disappointed just makes him curl inside, the tear that slipped down from her eyes makes him want to slap himself and tell her sorry thousand times.

but he knew it was too late when she left the elevator the second when the rescuer open the elevator door.

he had waited for her in the office the day after that happened, but she didn't came, the next day too, so as today. jaehyun didn't tell him anything to why baram is absence for three days.

it's not like jaehyun wanted to talk to him either in the office. he knew that if he was a normal person - not a boss, jaehyun will beat the shit out of him in the elevator.

but lucas didn't care about jaehyun. all he cared right now is baram.

that's why he was standing in front of baram's apartment door right now. he already tell himself that he will say sorry to her what he said was just out of the line - but he seem to lose his confident.

he bit him bottom lip, pacing back and forth in front of the door - still can't decide which voice he wanted to follow. the bad told him that serve her right to show off in front of him, but the good told him to apologize, a woman never should be treated like that.

a long sigh finally left his breath before slowly try to press the bell button just beside the door. he make his lips into a straight line - holding his breath as his forefinger slowly approaching the white button.

"fuck it i can't!" he exclaimed stepping away from the bell and also the door, leaning his back against the balcony walls.

before he even approach the door again, it was opened from inside revealing baram with only black velvet shorts and black velvet tank tops with a white loose cardigan, while her hand gripping two white trash plastic bags.

her brows raised seeing lucas outside her door with the same expression as hers.

"what are you doing here?" she asks before he could speak while baram throw the trash harshly making the male jump on his feet.

lucas clear his throat, straighten his blazer so as his posture before digging his hands inside his trousers, "i'm sorry." he said more like arrogantly not sincere.

he saw baram scoff rolling her eyes and scoff before crossing his arms in front of her chest. he suddenly gulp anything that stuck in his throat when he saw how baram glares at him.

"you, wong fucking yuk-hei, ask for my forgiveness?" she said stepping closer towards lucas who suddenly backed away didn't want to get attacked.

a smirk lift baram's corner lips, "don't even dream about it." she says before walk back inside her apartment and slam the door shut, leaving lucas shock.

"y-you have to go back to work, you hear me?" he yelled from outside hoping that baram would hear him before leaving baram's front door.

-

lucas throw his bag on the sofa in his living room before flexing all of the tense muscles before leaning his back against the armchair and close his eyes for a minute.

"you're back didi." lucas shot his eyes opened and land his eyes on the figure that was standing outside the guest bedroom.

(didi : little brother, gege: big brother)

a smile left from the male before walking closer towards lucas who was still in his shock, "how are you didi?"

"when did you arrived gege?" he asked earning a smack from the three inch shorter than lucas.

"is this how you greet your gege? i asked you, you should answer it, you brat." he said locking his brother head on his arms before smack his head that lucas yelled in return.

"sorry, ow, it hurts! si cheng gege!" lucas yelled trying to get out from his brother grip but can't because lucas knew he's more stronger than lucas is.

si cheng learned martial art and lucas didn't. it's not like lucas didn't want to but his father told him just to study while his brother can do whatever he want.

it's been a long time since the last time see each other. si cheng busy with whatever he's doing back in china and lucas busy doing his father orders.

both of them are pretty much the same but pretty much different. they both have the same similarity on liking food, fashion and movies. other than that they different.

"i'm fine gege, work just keeps me busy." he reply, "how's father doing? is he fine?"

si cheng pursed his lips before sitting on the long sofa, "well, i can't say he's getting better or getting worse, but mother is there to keep an eye for him, don't worry, uncle is covering for him."

"by the way, father heard about the partnership and he's very happy about it," si cheng added, "you make him proud didi." si cheng patted his shoulder.

lucas can't hide his feelings of worry about his father lying on the hospital bed. he wanted to do what his uncle had told him but he can't keep the worry feeling aside but hearing that he's getting better and his mother is there to look out for him, the worry lessen.

"hey lighten up," si cheng said patting his thighs, "let's go grab something to eat, i'm starving."

a little bit short chap but don't forget to vote and comment!