t w e n t y - e i g h t

kim baram

pacing back and forth inside her bedroom baram still having a second thoughts of going to the school reunion. it's not that baram is late to the reunion, she still have three hours before it starts.

but she's fighting her inner voice that told her to go, wear the dress that she wears only once a year. the dress that she wanted to wear were hung on the back of her bedroom door, the cheongsam dress that she wears only once a year or special occasions.

seeing the people she don't want to see plus having lucas there doesn't solve anything at all.

"noona, aren't you getting ready for the reunion?" jungwoo asks as he went across his sister in the kitchen still dress in her sleeping pajama.

baram wanted to find an excuse for not to go, but nothing came up to her mind and at the end she only pout her bottom lip.

"i don't want to go, but i promise taeil i would be there." baram replied staring back from jungwoo to the coffee mug she was holding.

"just go noona, it's been a long time to since the last time you see taeil hyung--he's a busy man too." jungwoo replied before grabbing some drinks from inside the fridge.

baram pursed her lips before nodding her head, "i'll go just to see taeil." she push herself off the counter, placing the mug on the table bar in her kitchen before walking pass jungwoo who seems to be in his world searching for food.

"tell doyoung to buy food for himself, he's been on bed for a day." she said to jungwoo as she continue her walk inside her bedroom to get dressed.

-

baram arrived not to early and not to late, people start to gather inside the gym as they walk up the stairs before entering.

baram still having her second thoughts, but arriving there she knew there will be no turning back when she saw taeil, her dear friend who was now working in the music industry is walking towards her way with a smile on his face.

"glad you can come!" he said before pulling her into his embrace. baram had to bent down a little bit because she was a little more taller than taeil.

a smile appear on her face, "i missed you, that's why i'm here." she said with a proud smile on her face before both of them went inside the gym.

the place is already full, baram greeted her former classmates-even though she's not that close but she thought why not give someone a second chance. talking about second chance, baram cannot stop her eyes for looking the particular face that she haven't be seen since she stepped inside the gym.

"want some punch?" taeil asks and baram nodded her head before leaving her alone with a former classmates talking about hot shitty it is to be a young mother.

she looked around her and pretty sure people had changed. the boys who used to be lucas' right hand had girlfriends, they both greeted baram when she walked inside the gym and apologize for the childish act back in high school.

hours later, taeil went up to the stage, greeting all his friends in front of the crowd. baram could swear that she saw some of taeil's fan being drag out from the gym because tresspassing and chuckle a little.

"welcome, year two thousand!"

baram came alone, jaehyun had to go to his own reunion--family. which jaehyun hoped that baram would come with him next time.

she remember that she had a small fight with him because she thought that they should take it slow, following the flow and not be in a hurry, but jaehyun think otherwise; he thought that dating for two months was an enough time to be ready--meeting his parents.

it's not that baram don't want to meet them, she'd love too, but somehow she can't hide the fact that she's afraid. cliché old excuse that cannot be told.

"let's have some fun and let this night be remember!" baram blinked her eyes multiple time when she realized that she's been staring to the space in front of her before clapping and cheering her hands following the crowd.

"i see you came here alone." she crane her neck to the side and saw jisoo standing next to her.

baram nodded her head, "jaehyun had his own thing to do--and it's family matters so i can force him to come." she replied.

"you know what--i'm not gonna pretend that i'll be nice to you, but have you heard that the gossip girls hates you?"

"that wasn't a big surprise jisoo--and don't you too?"

jisoo rolled her eyes before crossing her arms in front of her chest, "i am, but i'm not going after jaehyun--okay maybe he's hot but lucas is still the number one."

baram chuckle, "so, what about the gossip girls?"

"i've heard that they were about to make jaehyun liked hana, they wanted to break you up."

well, it wasn't a surprise for baram either to hear that. hana won't let her alone of course.

"thanks for reminding me." baram said before going towards the punch table. she nervously drink, cannot stop the trembling hands as she place the glass towards her lips.

baram is so bad at lying, it may not look like it didn't affect her but sure it was affecting her. jaehyun is a very kind man, sometime it's so hard for him to say no to someone even if it's an ex lover or someone who's having a crush on him, being good and kind is in his blood.

her eyes went everywhere, trying to ease her thoughts and the still trembling hands before her eyes finally lands on someone's back that was walking towards the back room of the gym, looking all drunk as he walks with a girl beside him, supporting as he continue to walk.

baram knew what he's about to do back there, what intention he had and for some reason baram hates it.

he came to her house, confessing his heart out, kiss her like his life depends on her yet there he is, drunk, with a girl or his ex to be precise, going to the back room of the gym where no one will see.

but not long after they went inside, seolhyun walked out with a pissed off face plus red lipstick all over her face and baram questioned herself why haven't he coming out from that room?

she then waited for about five more minutes before she finally walk inside because of the uneasy feeling.

"what do i have to do with you lucas?" she asks herself as she saw lucas already sprawled on the floor passed out.

ajahsdbskakiw please vote and comment. ramadhan had bring me to boredom for not writing but i cant i have to sweep the thoughts of dirty images but here i am came back with a double update!! or maybe more........ hmmmmm.