t h i r t y - o n e

kim baram

"then why..." he trailed off losing his voice at how sad and hurt he is, "...why did he have his arms around you instead of mine?"

she sniffles trying to find a good answer to reply jaehyun but nothing came up to her mind that she knew will make hesitation for jaehyun.

everything seems to be messed up from the time she followed lucas to back room of the gym. she should've leave him there but somehow she can't just leave him on the cold floor of the gym.

baram regret it, she regret to be involved again with lucas that hurt jaehyun on the way.

she love jaehyun no matter what, but somehow, those thoughts had make her think twice again.

there was another man in her mind the first thing she woke up in the morning. there was another man filling up her days and there was another man she's willing to wait for the sake of just seeing his face.

could that be called cheating?

baram really tried to deny those feelings, telling herself it was just another mixed feelings she had with him, with lucas.

she loves jaehyun, she wants jaehyun, she needs jaehyun.

"answer me baram," jaehyun spoke after a good one minute of silence, "are... you in love with him?"

she gulp. those question wasn't expected and she thought that jaehyun wouldn't think about asking that. she saw the questioning eyes of jaehyun and suddenly, baram felt nervous.

"n-no! of course not why would i?" baram replied shaking her head and then cleared her throat, "please jaehyun, the only guy i love is you, don't make those kind of assumptions."

she said making sure to convince jaehyun that there's nothing going on between her feelings with lucas.

"this won't happened again, jaehyun, i promise you."

she saw the look of relieved from jaehyun and that makes her relieved too, that jaehyun finally believes her. baram definitely know that this will change everything. baram can see it from how jaehyun takes it all in and how he reacts.

baram didn't know the reason why jaehyun came to her house, she didn't receive any message from him since yesterday evening and of course baram understands it and thought that he was busy with his family. she let be it so jaehyun could spend time with his family without any distractions.

jaehyun finally pulled her into her embrace, a little bit shocking for her because she thought that today is the last day she would be seeing jaehyun and going back to her normal lives.

jaehyun kissed her temple before baram finally wrapped her arms around his waist, giving it a little squeeze to make sure that everything she said was true and she wanted him to believe that she loves him.

"promise?" he asks looking back to her eyes after solidly thinking.

baram nodded her head quickly without hesitation, "i promise you with all my heart."

-

she shut the door behind her after sending jaehyun home and after having a nice slash awkward breakfast that made by jaehyun.

he made classic pancakes that to be honest was the best pancake that baram had ever had. it was small pancake but thick and fluffy. with blueberry jam that he said that he made by himself which baram didn't believe and make a small debate contest.

that was kind of intense, baram never wanted to put her life back to that situation ever again and promised herself to stay away as possible.

that will be the morning she never wanted to happened again. that was the morning-nightmare.

if jaehyun see baram and lucas alone outside the office it would trigger jaehyun again and might think of something else rather than just drunk lucas who slept in baram's apartment and have no idea where his flat is.

the worst thing is she had two more days left before she had to go to china, visiting the construction site that was going to be build and visiting the true ceo of the company.

talking about lucas, he was gone when baram came back to her flat and was kind enough to leave a space open for her door to not locked from the inside since baram didn't have time to grab the keys and already run as fast as she can to catch jaehyun.

it was a good thing though that he left before jaehyun could see him again and maybe throw fist at him early in the morning.

she walked towards her sofa, pulling both of her knees towards her chest before her mind suddenly reply to the previous event.

lucas always said that he will make her fall for him, he'll do anything to make her his even though that will hurt someone or maybe two person in the progress.

baram wanted to hate lucas and just see him as a boss without having to feel his hooded eyes staring at her.

her body shook when the front door suddenly opens and both jungwoo and dongyoung walked inside the apartment.

her eyes drifted to the clock above the turned off television and without her noticing it's almost noon. that means she's been spacing out for a long time that she didn't even notice the time.

"noona, are you okay?" dongyoung asks sitting beside baram who look off.

baram then smile before shaking her head, "nothing, just thinking about work."

"the work that you have to go to china?" dongyoung quickly asks, "ey, it's alright noona, i will take care of dongyoung, no need to worry."

a chuckle left baram's lips while shaking her head before ruffling dongyoung's hair and finally her eyes land on her brother, who stood behind the sofa with his eyes on her but haven't spoke a word ever since he land his feet in the apartment.

baram sure he wanted to asked but she knew he wouldn't butt in to something like her relationship. if something's wrong with baram but she wasn't harmed mentally and physically jungwoo will stood still but if it hurt baram mentally and physically, jungwoo won't stay put.

both jungwoo and dongyoung walk inside jungwoo's bedroom leaving baram alone again in the living room, rolling back the her deep thoughts but soon got cut off by the sound of her phone dinging on top of the night stand just beside her sofa.

a rough sigh left baram's lips when the person she thinks about suddenly texted her. she thought that after what happened he realized that he had ruined someone's relationship and might want to move away a little bit--but no, he fucking texted her like nothing ever happened.

 she thought that after what happened he realized that he had ruined someone's relationship and might want to move away a little bit--but no, he fucking texted her like nothing ever happened

don't forget to vote and comment