t w e n t y - s i x

kim baram

now she's inside lucas' office, her cheeks suddenly went red. the scene of that night still vividly replayed in her head that makes her awkwardly avoid lucas' eyes as hard as she can.

he called her in, looking all casual or normal like nothing have happened between the two of them and somehow that makes baram pissed.

lucas was the one that came to baram's apartment unannounced, he was the one who make the move, he was the first one who went in for a kiss and now he looked normal?

does that kiss meant nothing to him--not that the kiss meant anything to baram it's just that she thinks that lucas should be more regret on kissing someone's girlfriend.

"i need you to book us a room in china for a week while jisoo look for something else." he spoke after a good minute of baram can't hear anything because too busy hearing her own thoughts.

baram frown, "why do i have to do that? don't jisoo work for you?"

"don't you work for me?"

what an epic comeback.

"i'll take that as a yes," lucas said when baram didn't reply, "so i want the research send by email before twelve. midnight."

"--wait, but jisoo work for you as an assistant as in she's the helper, as in the "maid", as in the one you ordered to get you coffee and things done asap. why do you want me to find a hotel? don't you know china more than me? why don't you find it yourself."

"just do as i say or else." baram's brows rose, those words somehow felt like deja vu for her.

baram then nodded her head, didn't want to go further into the conversation and decided to do what she was told.

standing up from the chair, she walk to the door but stopped her feet when lucas called her name.

"never once i ever think what i said and did to you that night was a lie, baram." he said standing up from his chair and walk towards her before stopping just three feet away from her.

baram's back was already against tbe door, trying her best to keep some distance between the two of them.

"the kiss, i never did to anyone else--only you." he said looking down to baram, "the kiss meant a lot to me baram."

somehow baram feel soft, looking at lucas like this with voice softer than ever, eyes look vulnerable while his feet playing against the carpeted floor of his office - somehow those cute actions makes baram wanted to see his other side even more.

"please, lucas--" baram spoke closing her eyes before reopening them again, "the way i see you now is not more than just a boss, okay?"

"i have jaehyun--and please don't make this hard for us, okay?" with that baram left lucas' office, leaving him speechless to where he stood earlier.

does he really like me that he wanted me so bad?

-

baram woke up early to take some jog before she had to go to the mall with jaehyun for dress hunting.

she remember how her woke up went, lucas was the last thing she wanted to think the first thing in the morning - usually, baram think about what will jaehyun do today, another day of jaehyun asking her to get his tie done but today, baram woke up thinking about lucas.

the guy she hated and the one she wanted to stay away on daily basis was now stuck in her head in the morning. 

his name, face, and mostly his lips appeared on her head the first thing when she opens her eyes that met with the sun that rays inside her bedroom through the blinds. she can see the sun turns into lucas' face with a wide smile.

and then baram decided to take a morning jog. baram thinks that jogging would solved it; stopping her mind to keep on thinking about lucas.

that's what she think at first yet now she's regretting it; here she is on the lake near her apartment--stopping on her track when she saw lucas, wearing the same thing which was nothing that exposing his honey glaze or toned abs and with shorts. not to mention that shows how deep his v line was.

baram cannot lie that he's hot, super duper hot and maybe getting closer to him wouldn't be so bad so she could see and knew what he's like on the other side of that piece of devil.

she gulp the lump in her throat as she stare at lucas who walked passed her as she hide behind a big pole that almost cover her whole entire body perfectly.

after a good one minute of hiding, baram leaned against the lamp post as she closed her eyes in relief when lucas had finally gone from her sight.

"that was close."

"what close?"

"holy shit!" baram jumped on her feet and place her fist in front of her face, almost posing like a boxer when lucas suddenly appeared beside baram, leaning his back against the lamp post.

baram tried her best not to look down, to where the holy grail was and looked around her surroundings, avoiding adding another sins in her life.

surely lucas have no shame showing his chocolate abs and toned skin that make people around him look at him

"who are you hiding from?" he asks but then squint his eyes and cross his arms in front of his chest, "are you hiding from me?"

"wha--pfft what? of course not." baram replied, her voice getting higher and higher each word.

lucas raise his brows, giving her "i know you lie" look to baram.

"i was just... uh, stretching." baram continue when she realize how unconvincing her words to him and pretending to stretch her limbs.

he let out a chuckle nodding his head as if he was convince to what baram had said to him and then turn around to go back to his house.

"i know you're hiding from me baram, you cannot lie to me." he said before follow baram to stretch his limbs, "your cheeks cannot lie."

he then take off, leaving baram dumbstruck on her feet with her jaw slacked opened. this guys surely knew how to make baram speechless.

"see you at tonight baram." he waved but still keep on jogging to his way back home, just what actors do in movies to make it look cooler.

"damn he's gooda at anything!"