f o u r t y - t h r e e

lucas

the three of them arrived at the restaurant lucas' father have mentioned and he saw the look at both of the female faces.

the restaurant is still the same since the last time he went there, high school. the fancy vibes are still there, shelf of champagne are still the same, the usuall dim lights and also the polish black grand piano in the middle of the room for jazz music every saturday night.

the memories of him and his family eating here every saturday night reply on his head, making him smiling for no reason.

"ay my man lucas!" a shorter male appear from the inside of the restaurant, giving a high five before scanning the two women behind him.

lucas peeked over his shoulder and saw baram eyes widen at lucas' friend, mark lee.

"waddup m, is my parents here?"

"nope, they haven't arrived yet--oh by the way, great scene at my restaurant, the one at korea," mark said giving him a playfull punch on the shoulder, "i saw it from the cctv and the girl was pissed after you left with her."

mark didn't forget to point a finger at baram, silently standing behind lucas and jisoo who was linking her arm around him.

lucas then give mark a smirk before his friend finally realized something different, "i see you have a new pet."

"excuse me?" jisoo look at mark in disbelieve while lucas only held back a laughter. lucas heard a low chuckle from behind and knew it was baram.

"i would love to continue this chat, but i think we should be seated before my parents gets here." lucas said and mark told them to follow him towards the private section of the restaurant.

what he means by private it means very private. the table was inside of a room, a very isolated room that maybe no one will knew it was a private room, but it was nice.

the vibe was japanese, sakura painting all around the walls and a small fountain on the corner of the room making it feel calm and fresh. 

the tables were long and wide, lucas took a seat between baram and jisoo while facing three other seat that making him question.

is uncle kun tagging along?

"is your mother coming too?" jisoo asks and lucas nodded his head.

"great, i'm so honored meeting mother-in-law!" she said clapping her hands excitingly but only made lucas rolled his eyes.

"don't even think about--" before lucas could even finish his words, the sliding door opened roughly and lucas wanted to bury himself inside a hole and never come back.

lucas thought he could get away from him--that doesn't lucas don't love him, he do, but sometimes his jokes are not funny and hates the way he interupt everything. sicheng is here.

"what a great night," he pause staring down to lucas' eyes with a smrik, "isn't it didi?"

"fuck my life."

-

"oh, baram is here too," he took a seat in front of baram after the great entrance and make a high five with baram, "oh--we're wearing the same outfit, we're definitly have to take pictures later near the elevator!"

lucas saw baram nod her head, somehow make the blood inside lucas' body boil and want to seperate both of them as far as possible. it was shown on his face, how his forehead made a wrinkle and his brows turn into a frown.

sicheng have been talking to her the second he took his seat. he won't shut up or even talk with jisoo or even his own little brother. the two of them seems like having their own little world that they forgot that there's two other human breathing.

"this is your first time in china right?" sicheng asks while standing up and move his chair to seat beside baram, lucas follow his move with unpleasent eyes.

baram nod her head, "yeah, this is my first time."

"how was it?"

both of them continue to talk but about everything. lucas hated how they seems close already when they only met twice and the first one didn't even talked about anything and how baram looked comfortable talking with sicheng.

the conversation soon stopped, just when lucas' parents enter the private room of the restaurant.

after a long time, lucas finally sees his mother again. he forgot the last time they had a phone call but he knew how much he misses his mother.

she walk inside so elegently and lucas cannot help but stand up and went to his mother to give a bear hug.

"gosh, how is my èrzi?" she gave him a pat on the back so elegant that lucas look so fragile on his mother's hug, "it's been a long time since the last time i saw you."

"i'm good mama." lucas replied before letting go the hug and went back to his seat, between his two co-workers who already stood up on their seat and bowed to the wu's after they placed on their seat.

"nice to meet you mrs. wu, i'm kim baram," baram then bowed to his mother, earning a soft smile from lucas,  "the supervisor of the company."

lucas' mother nod her head and gave baram a soft smile after scanning her from head to toe, "please, just call me victoria."

then her eyes set on jisoo, her brows arched a little bit before nodding her head as jisoo introduce herself.

"well what a great co-wroker you have yuk-hei," his mother said elegantly placing a napkin on her lap as she awaits the food, "but i noticed she is wearing grandma's wedding ring that she gave you."

lucas knew that jisso didn't understand chinese that well and know how his mother isn't that fluent either in korean and little did he know that baram knew a little about chinese language.

"long story mama, i'll tell you later--"

"the jisoo girl is his fiancè, bâobêi." lucas' father suddenly spoke and caught both lucas and his mother off guard.

lucas wanted to curse at his father for telling her that and not letting lucas telling it by herself. he then saw how his mother balled his fist tightly that he can see her knuckles turns white and how his brother, sicheng, also look panicked.

he knew he have to explain everything since lucas knew how strict his mother is when it comes to girls. not to mention how jisoo wear tonight is already a minus point. his mother doesn't like girls that wear dresses too revealing.

"what kind of nonesense is this wong yuk-hei?" his mother almost yelled while the two other female look at the family questioningly because how confusing their coversation is in chinese.

he had to admit how his mother can control her voice despite how angry she is.

"mama, i will tell you later okay? please let us have peaceful dinner first." he said just the right time the food have arrived and his mother nod her head.

"fine." she bitterly replied just the same time as the food arrived at their private room.

lucas eyes than land of his brother who quietly try to hold back his laugh and that only make lucas rolled his eyes in annoyed.

this is kind of trashy. dont forget to comment and vooooooooote!!