t w e n t y - o n e

kim baram

six days. it's been six days since baram had went to the office for work and he don't need to tell lucas why she's absent again, she bet her life he knew why.

jaehyun came to her apartment very often, bringing take outs and her work that she can finish at home so she wouldn't be so useless.

he chose to work because he wanted to show lucas that he isn't weak and wanted to show the best of him.

baram chose to hide, like she always do since high school and lucas should knew about it. since he was the one who make fun of baram's life.

every time lucas did something to baram that hurts her, either mentally or physically that maybe not so serious, baram didn't came to school. it's either between she don't want to see the crowd of student or she don't want to see lucas after what he did.

"noona, another flower for you." jungwoo yelled from the door after getting the mails from the first floor.

rather than putting on a question face to whom the sender of the flower is, baram let out a tired sigh and walk towards the living room with a slumping shoulders.

"again?" she mumbles to herself but loud enough for jungwoo to hear and shook his head.

"you need to tell him to stop noona," jungwoo said, "unless you want this apartment to turn into a greenhouse or flower house something."

baram look around the living room, vase from vase of variant flowers lined up into two rows on the left side of the wall in the living room and three rows on the right side.

"i don't want to call him." baram said looking down to the sun flower she was holding with a pout on her lips, "i don't want to call lucas."

jungwoo brought his hands to the air like surrendering while shaking his head, "fine, fine, do as you want noona, i don't want to butt into a love life - ugh."

jungwoo left the living room and went back to his bedroom before going to one class after lunch and left baram alone in the living room while sorting things out.

since the day baram took a day off, lucas start to send every type of flower he finds every morning and evening with the same greeting cards that says "sorry, come back to work".

baram don't know how to feel. the sorry seems sincere but from a card doesn't mean baram accept it. she wants to hear it from the man itself.

jaehyun knew about it but baram told him not to do anything and just let guilt wash over him.

baram scream in frustration, scratching her hair roughly, "fuck it!" she cursed before throwing the sun flower on the sofa and went back to the dining table where her works lay on.

-

"noona~ i'm home," baram took a glance from her shoulder in the kitchen as she heard jungwoo's voice, "and another flower."

her smile drop before pick the red rose from the kitchen island. it was beautiful to be honest, baram can't lie.

the bouquet of red rose finally catches her heart and for some reason baram had a different view on red rose.

she thought that red rose had a long associated with beauty and perfection, red roses are a time-honored way to say "i love you." whether it's for a birthday, valentine's day or just to express appreciation on any old day, there's no better way than a bouquet of red roses to express feelings.

yet sometimes, red rose can make someone bleed by it thorn and baram find red a sexy color, brave and edgy.

"tell him to stop send flowers please, noona." jungwoo said with a tired tone in his voice before going to his bedroom and shut the door.