e l e v e n

kim baram

"baram-ah, do you need a ride home?" she turns to her side to face jaehyun who already packed his things and ready to go home while baram still gather her things, "besides jungwoo wanted me to pick him up for an extra lesson in ten's house."

baram cannot deny and nodded her head anyways. she quickly collect her things and walk towards the elevator with jaehyun beside her.

before the door could even close, a hand had stopped it before lucas walks in with a frown on his face when he saw baram and jaehyun standing next to each other so close like a glue. 

jaehyun being a polite employee bowed towards lucas before he clears his throat, pressing the lobby button and stood next to baram.

baram bit her bottom lip, for some reason the air inside the elevator seems so cold and awkward. she stood between jaehyun and lucas - if she had to chose which one if both of them was the last male on earth, her answer is; none.

jaehyun is sweet and caring, but for some reason, baram can't see him more than just a big brother for her and then there's lucas, she can't see him more than a jerk slash bosh.

the atmosphere is way more awkward then when baram is in lucas' office.

of course baram remember what she did at the club, she's still sober enough to hail a cab and open her door without stumbling or fall on her face when the door is open.

remembering it just makes her blushed and look down to her feet while tapping the floor when she felt the elevator is going down slower than ever - slower than how her love life is.

none of them are going to break the ice might as well not utter any words from herself either.

before the floor could even hit the lobby the elevator suddenly stopped on the tenth floor, jerking the three of them and automatically jaehyun circle his arm around baram's waist and the other one just above her head to make sure nothing is gonna hit her.

it shook her that makes her eyes open wide. jaehyun than tightens his hold around her when the elevator finally stops.

"are you okay?" he asks barely in a whisper, looking down at her with a worried look.

even though she might shock about what jaehyun is doing, she can't get rid of the fright that is washed over that make her tighten her grip on her sling bag.

eyes that are trembling still looking down to her feet. baram gulp the lump in her throat before staring back at jaehyun who is still looking at her and nodded her head, "y-yeah, thanks. you?" she said and ask. jaehyun nodded his head and baram then look to her side, to lucas.

"a-are you okay, sir?" she asks when she heard no voice from lucas ever since he stepped inside the elevator. he nodded his head, still keeping his cool before taking out his phone and curse under his breath.

he took a step to the front before pressing the yellow button and ask for help.

"help should be here any minute." he said not giving her his eyes.

then the atmosphere came back to the way it was. cold and awkward. jaehyun is still protecting baram and said that it was just for cautious is something might happen again.

"do you guys have to be all romantic in front of me?" lucas suddenly spoke after maybe five minute long of silence since the last time he spoke about the help is going to save them any minute.

both jaehyun and baram stare at him questioningly before jaehyun giving themselves a good distance.

baram rolled his eyes, "since when you cared about my love life?" she said crossing her arms in front of her chest while leaning against the cold walls of the elevator.

baram saw the annoyed look on lucas' face before he clicked his tongue and stare at her coldly, "i don't care to be honest, it's just that it's getting irritated when the slut in high school rub her love life in my face - i'm the boss anyways."

her jaw slacked open, the same time as the door of the elevator forced open by two rescuer from the office.

on the other side, baram cannot hide her feelings; hurt, angry, and confused mixed into one. the voice of the rescuer is vague for baram as a tear slip down from her eyes down to her cheek.

she never done things with boys, she never done things that make people call her names and talked bad things about her.

what right did lucas have to call her a slut? did he have a proof that he can call her a slut? is this had something to do with what happen in the club and now jaehyun is being kind to look out for her afraid that something might happen again and hurt her?

shaking her head in disbelief, baram saw the shock in lucas face too. his jaw tighten and hands balled into a fist.

"are you okay sir? miss?"

without even answering the rescuer baram walk past them and quickly went towards the emergency exit, quickly stepping down the stairs but still with caution because she realize that she's wearing a heel and not want to her herself.

it was quick arriving on the lobby and quickly hail a cab before jaehyun or even worse lucas try to catch her and explain - that's the last thing she wanted to happen right now.

maybe baram could hold all of his mean acts towards her and scorn, but not this time. she's done with his attitude and words that's not even filtered.

what people say about him was right; a cold blood-heart boss that she should have resign the first time she saw her again in the office. but she don't want to find another job when what she has now is just fine and can cover up anything for her living expenses.

arriving back home, baram didn't even bother to greet her brother - or more to not noticing her brother seated by the living room sofa watching tv and she walked inside her bedroom, slamming the door shut before locking it.

tears didn't stop on falling from her eyes. she is sick with whatever lucas is doing with her. playing games, tricks and other things that baram cannot even think about.

he can be kind - sometimes, but that's when he had something in return. 

at first baram wanted to give him a chance, even though he didn't bother to say sorry to her, but she's willing to give him another chance since he's baram's boss anyway and she had to let aside her relationship with him anyway.

"giving you a chance is the worse choice in my life," she mumble to herself on her bed after changing into something comfortable, "i hate you so much wong yuk-hei."

dont forget to vote and comment!