s i x t e e n

kim baram

walking inside the office was a killing scene, baram wanted to go back home and never came back again.

the gossip girls can't take their glares away from baram, they bore fire holed into baram with no mercy. not to mention that lucas kissed her in front of the freaking office, hudging eyes and shock eyes had witness it.

"it's okay, i'm here." jaehyun said as he place his palm on the curve of baram's back as he guide her towards her seat and then left to his seat after giving baram a small soft smile of his.

jaehyun had been protective more than ever.

it's been three days since baram date jaehyun and so far so good.

lucas haven't come to the office either since the day after he confessed to the whole office. jisoo and taeyong had been running from here to there without lucas around.

jisoo said that lucas is back to china for a while since his father rumored to be sick but taeyong told the people that lucas had the day off because he was the one who is sick.

baram wanted to check since besides lucas is baram's boss, he's her friend too, no matter how angry and how much she hates him, he's still a friend. she will see him sooner or later to at the high school annual reunion.

"baram," jaehyun called as he placed a warm coffee cup on her table while her mind went somewhere for a while, "have some."

what jaehyun do to baram isn't bugging her even a bit, he didn't do it too over that make baram think that jaehyun is a bodyguard rather than a boyfriend.

the term boyfriend, baram kept thinking about it since jaehyun left her house that night.

lucas just confess to her in front of the whole office and not even the next day, jaehyun had asked her out and she accept it.

she don't want any more words coming to her ears, yet it's for the best. liking lucas back is an impossible way or even dating him to try to make her like him - she can't even imagine how suffering can that be.

dating jaehyun is the only way to make lucas go away - not that she don't have feelings for jaehyun, baram do like jaehyun - but she hoped that people don't see it that way.

"baram-ah."

baram turned her head to where the voice had came from and she saw one of the gossip girls, haru, from the pantry as she waved her hand to signal baram to come to where haru was.

she look around the office, the others had busy with their own work and jaehyun was just making his way towards mr. taeyong's table with some papers on his hands.

without thinking what might've happen there, baram make her way towards the pantry and halted on her feet when she saw haru and three other girls that was in the gossip girls.

baram knew that this isn't right, something seems off but soyeon, the girl that claim she's the leader of the gossip girls giving her smile.

baram didn't know how to feel either, should she feel attack since it felt like she's going to get a big slap on the face because having the second handsome guy at the office or scared because soyeon's smile look like pennywise smiling.

"w-what's going on here?" baram stutter as le look around the circle that has suddenly formed. she feel that the atmosphere getting a little bit dense and made her gulp the lump on her throat.

"tell us baram," soyeon asks crossing her arms in front of her chest as she approach baram, "what trick did you use to make them like you."

"i wonder why he choose you over us - i mean, hana had been chasing jaehyun since high school but can never reach him." she added placing her hand on hana's shoulder who looked at baram sadly.

jaehyun told the story about hana going to the same high school with jaehyun and how head over heels she is with him but jaehyun will never look her that way.

for a mere second baram felt sorry, she knew that someone is trying to win jaehyun's heart with a lot of sacrifice and already wasting too much time but baram can win his heart for like less than a month.

"p-please, it's not like i want this to happen either," baram said, "i-i'm sorry to get in your way, hana, i know how much you like him..."

"end it then." haru butt in that make baram furrowed her brows.

"w-what?"

"end it with him if you feel that you get in hana's way."

"w-why would i end things with him?" baram asks still stuttering as her eyes nervously stare back at the four of them.

"you don't know anything about him, i do." hana finally spoke, bringing her chin up and eyes to stare at baram.

baram maybe don't know anything yet about jaehyun's life besides being a part-time singing instructor and red ears when he gets shy or something, but baram wanted to know more when they had a chance to.

"i will, it's an easy task for me." baram replied.

"let's just make this easy, okay?" nana spoke, "leave jaehyun and give hana a chance, mr. wong is already impossible for her just let him go, will you?"

baram scoffed, "this is getting a little bit childish you know."

"accept the fact please, jaehyun liked me not hana not anyone else." baram said finally getting fed up by the four of them, "maybe he is meant for me, not hana."

without hearing what the other had to say, baram left the pantry and back to her chair with a heavy and fast step.

it's her relationship, why they have to be so childish about it? maybe the guilty side of her cannot stop thinking about how selfish she is.

someone had already set her eyes on him first and baram easily take it away without even saying sorry or feel guilty- but she is. now the thought of not knowing him further bothers her too.

baram groan before burying her face inside her palm and softly slap her cheeks to get herself together before continue to work.

i'm so sorry if this story isn't that connected. don't forget to vote and comment!

double update yall. *cacacac*