f o u r t y - t w o

kim baram

"jungwoo-ah, how is my little brother doing?" baram asks, placing her phone between her cheek and shoulder as she trying to chose the dress for tonight's dinner with lucas' parents.

she was looking for the perfect one when her phone suddenly rings and her brother's number popped out from the screen.

"i'm doing great noona, how's work?"

"well you know, having a hard time because of something amazing happen."

"a-ah really?"

"how's jae--"

her brows then furrowed when she heard a clattering voice and cough from a familiar voice, "jungwoo?" she called her brother's name again with a stern voice when she suddenly worried about the house,  not jungwoo.

"no-nothing noona! dongyoung hyung and yoon-oh hyung are trying to cook."

he replied, stuttering that still doesn't convince baram.

the dresses on her bed is soon forgotten and the only thing that's in her mind was what was happening back there.

"you know dongyoung isn't good at cooking right? and jaehyun isn't that great chef either!" baram put her other hand on her hips after combing her hair back in frustration.

"i shouldn't have left you alone, i better call seulgi--"

"WHAT? no-noona no--what for? you'd be back in three more days--do-don't call her!"

baram held the laughters back when she mentioned the name seulgi. baram knew that seulgi is jungwoo big crush since junior high and baram knew how a good cook seulgi is when she came to baram's house after an assignment group with jungwoo's two other friends.

baram knew that the seulgi girl was the one that stole her little brother heart. baram knew it by the way he sets his eyes on her when she's cooking and when he ate her cooks. also baram can't deny how delicious her meal is.

"what's wrong with her? she cook for us a lot jungwoo, and i know you like her cooking." baram said and still hearing a cough and yell from the back of the line.

"oh god NOONA!"

baram laugh finally at jungwoo's protest.

"fine, i won't but whatever is happening there want it to be spotless when i get back home!"

"of course noona, no need--"

"shit dongyoung! the chicken is on fire!"

baram's eyes shot wide and her jaw slacked opened. she can feel her blood boiling and how she can't hold her anger.

"YAH! what the hell are you guys up to! i swear to god if the apartment burns when i came back you guys are going to pay for it! KIM JUNGWOO, KIM DONGYOUNG, JUNG YOON-OH I SWEAR TO GOD!"

"um--everything is fine baram no need to worry, i'm hanging up okay? bye i love you!"

baram still boiled in anger, not to mention jaehyun is the one who end up the call. as if everything was okay, he yelled because the chicken is burning second earlier and now telling her that everything is okay? how can baram believe that.

"you guys are so dead when i get back."

-

the knock on her door make her jump on her seat a little bit.