f o u r t y - s e v e n

kim baram

her days going back to normal. going to the office, sitting on the same chair, seeing the faces she hoped that she didn't see.

it was just a week that she went to china for the business yet it felt like forever.

baram was busy reading the proposal that lucas the other company have to sign, jisoo made the proposal and there is not doubt that there's a lot of words that need to be corrected.

a sigh left her lips, every paragraph baram have to strike another highlighter to the words that either doesn't make sense or typo.

she stood up from her chair before walking towards jisoo's chair but turns out baram didn't see her big ass forehead to where she was walking.

looking down the hallways, there's no sign of jisoo's presence and got her question.

"do you know where jisoo..." she wanted to ask the person who was passing by but her question was soon forgotten when she decided to look at the pantry just at the end of the hallway to her right.

baram slowly walk towards the pantry and peeked over when baram heard jisoo's voice and saw her there in the pantry. jisoo was busy with her phone before answering a call.

"i told you, the plan you're working on is failing!" she yelled but soon shut her mouth when she knew how loud she was.

"the video--they need to spread sooner or later." she continue and baram furrowed her brows.

videos? is she trying to do something?

"less then three week? come on why don't the video leaked tonight? it'll be more fun!" jisoo continue to ramble and baram decided to leave because there's no reason for her to stay there and continue to listen to what jisoo is talking about.

baram stopped in front of lucas' door before giving it a light knock twice and went inside as soon as she heard the word 'come in'.

"mr. wong--holy shit!" baram yelp when she tripped with her own foot and fell flat on the carpeted floor.

lucas saw what happened and quickly shut the door behind him and helped baram up on her feet but he froze for a mere second before the next thing she knew, baram wasn't on her feet but layed on the floor on her back.

her eyes went wide, "what are you doing?"

he turned her body to lay on her back and both of his hands place flat beside her face.

"i don't know what to do to make you forgive me." he says, eyes focusing on her.

baram blinked her eyes multiple times. maybe she seen him this close multiple times but never in position like this, heck, in the office where people could see.

"f-fine! i'll forgive you--now move!" she yelled before pushing him to the side and collect her things before dusting off dust and straighten her clothes.

baram saw the smile on his face, a satisfying smile. baram let out a scoff, those goofy smile that makes her hates him even more yet butterflies on the bottom of her stomach.

"here," baram gave him the paper, "tell jisoo she needs to write it again, people will assume that we're not serious."

without anymore chitchat baram left the room and went back to her seat, didn't forget to gave jaehyun a smile.

"what happen to your face?" he asks and baram look at herself at the small mirror on her desk before cursing under her breaths, "are you sick? why is it so red?"

curse you wong yuk-hei

-

"hey baram, can i sleep at your place?"

"what?!"

baram blinked her eyes for multiple times and stared in awe towards his boyfriend.

both of them are on their way to baram's house and jaehyun is driving.

times flew so fast that it's time to go home already and jaehyun, as always, being the good boyfriend he is, he take baram home with his car.

the road is almost empty at how late the night is. thanks to jisoo, baram have to stay a little bit longer and made jaehyun wait for her.

turns out jisoo was stupid enough to not know how to make a good proposal and baram decided to take place then let jisoo and lucas went home first while she typing the words fast enough so she can go back early.

she told jaehyun that he can go home first, but again, being a good boyfriend he is, he told baram that he can stay and wait for her until she's finished.

"i've sleep there before, why so shock?" jaehyun asks eyes move back and forth from baram and the streets.

baram gulp and suddenly think why she look so shock to hear jaehyun that he want to spend the night in her place?

he's been there multiple times and sometimes spent the night with her--even if they're not sleeping in the same room but she still counts that he do sometimes spent the night there.

baram then gulp the lump in her thorat, her hanads suddenly squeeze the seatbelt, "n-nothing," she stutter, "you don't need to ask, some of your clothes are there anyway."

jaehyun nodded his head and baram thank god that he didn't suspects anything or asks for continuing the recent conversation.

baram is confused why jaehyun isn't asking her about the previous conversation that is still hanging and baram is still scared to start the conversation too.

she knew how much she messed up and wanted to tell jaehyun the truth without hurting him--but how? that is a total impossible.

"let's go on a date tomorrow." jaehyun suddenly said, catching baram's attention as she stare at the space in front of her.

"wha-what about work?" she asks. jaehyun shrug his shoulders before turning left and went inside baram's apartment parking lot.

"let's just skip, lucas won't mind." he says with his smile that make baram smiles and playfully punch his arm.

the sound of date sounds amazing to her ears. it's been a long time since she went on a date thanks to the lot of work she have to do despite the short time she have to finish and not forget to mention the work trip that makes her even more bussier.

it's kind of a relieve that jaehyun isn't complaining on how busy she was and how often both of them had time for themselfs.

"jung jaehyun, you are such a bad boy."