f o u r t y - e i g h t

lucas

it's almost noon and he just arrived at his office because he had clients to meet outside early in the morning.

he was walking towards his office but stopped his track when he found two empty desks.

lucas walk towards jisoo who was busy chewing a gum and doing her nails before smiling down to lucas as soon as she sees him.

"where are they?" he asks pointing to the empty table with his chin.

"they wanted a one day off." jisoo replied, earning a frown from the boss.

"what are they thinking?" he said to himself as he stared at the space in front of him.

"just relax, soon-to-be husband, she'll learn." jisoo said and earn another attention from him.

he didn't hesitate to pull her inside his office and slam the door shut, startling the smaller girl in front of him.

"i already asked--heck i even begged to you stop whatever you and seolhyun are playing!" he said between gritted teeth and didn't forget to slam his hand beside jisoo's head that would probably earn attention from the other employee.

jisoo squirm, closing her eyes for a mere seconds before opening them again and stare back at lucas' eyes with anger written all over her eyes.

"what part of her do you like huh?!" she yelled, "how can she have all of your attention but not me? what makes us different?!"

lucas scoff before a smirk pull the corner of his lips, "words cannot describe the difference between you and her."

"just remember yang jisoo, once this games of yours and hers are over, i'm not hesitating to reveal it to everyone, divorce you no matter what and happily to erase you out of my life for good." he said with a stern voice, making sure that jisoo heard what he said and will always remember.

lucas then harshly opens his office door and push jisoo out from his office and she let out a small yelp and lucas didn't hesitate to slam the door probably earning yet another attention from his other employee.

-

"are you okay lucas?" taeyong asks him as he sat in front of lucas' desks to talk about something.

lucas shook his head suddenly felt unwell, the world seems to be turning around and he seems can't focus on his work and all he could do was spacing out and think about nothing.

"you look kind of awful man," taeyong continued, standing up from the chair and went next to lucas and place his palm on the boss' forehead.

a sigh then left taeyong's lips before shaking his head.

"i've been watching you since the day you got back from china and to be honest, you don't look the same." taeyong said crossing both of his arms in front of his chest while leaning his weight against lucas' desk.

lucas stared back at his fellow friend, "what do you mean?"

"do you think i'm stupid? it's obvious how you have fallen for that supervisor." taeyong chuckled at the end and shook his head.

"you've always been hard towards her and now," taeyong paused shrugging his shoulder, "i don't know man, you always stared at her when you think no one was looking."

lucas didn't replied, only a long sigh left his lips as his eyes continue to stare at the space in front of him.

"if my guts are right, there's something going on between the two of you in china."

lucas crane his neck towards taeyong before a smirk appear on the shorter brown haired man.

"my guessing was right then? there is something going on between the two of you." he said before nodding his head understanding the situation.

"you're getting married soon and little advice my friend, get over her."

"as if you knew what really happened." lucas mumble but loud enough for taeyong to hear.

"is there something interesting that i need to know? cause if it does, my ears are listening."

lucas gave him a little punch before leaning his head against the headrest and close his eyes as another sigh left his lips.

"i don't know how things get so complicated." lucas spoke after a good minute of silence. tiredness are visible from his voice.

taeyong stare at the streets from lucas' office, arms still crossing each other in front of his chest as he shrug his shoulders yet again.

"why don't you rest before the big day?" he said give a brotherly pat on the shoulder before walking out from lucas' office.

he followed what taeyong had said and gather his stuff before going down to the lobby and hailed a cab, letting his car stay at the office for the night.

arriving home was no different, he can't get his shit together and for the first time he felt like shit.

the idea of having a warm shower pops in his head and he quickly strip and went inside the warm shower with thoughts clouding his head.

it's been almost a week that he came back from china and it's been almost a week since he can't sleep well at night.

he always woke up in the middle of the night with baram in his head and boner on his crocth.

he wonders if baram have the same thing happening to her like him yet he never had the chance to talk to her alone.

but a scoff came out when he knew of course baram isn't feeling what lucas been through when she and her boyfriend isn't at work.

the image are still vivid for lucas and lucas is surprise to hear nothing from baram. it's hard for him to forget but it seems like it looks so easy for baram to forget.

he may have sex with a lot of girls since high school and college when he was back in china, but with baram it felt just so special that it's too hard for him to let go.

then it clicked him.

lucas remember what baram had told him. he remember what she warn him that night before the heated session starts.

what a fool he is for forgotting the sentence that she had said.

"what ever happens in china, stays in china."