t h i r t y

jung jaehyun

"j-jaehyun! please let me explain! it's not what it looks like!" baram ran as she went after jaehyun who thank god still walking towards his car in the basement parking lot.

after jaehyun spoke, he didn't waste any time to walk out from baram's flat with tears trailing down his eyes. he can't bear to be in the same room with the guy who liked his girlfriend that apparently have his arms wrapped around her waist.

he never knew a girl like baram would hurt him this way, would betray him this way. it's not even a year baram and jaehyun are dating and he already got this in front of his eyes.

maybe he haven't shown baram any affection on how he loved her, on how he very cherish her so much that words can't even describe it.

they haven't gone to dates, dinners, have a small holiday to anywhere and meeting jaehyun's parents. jaehyun know how it meant for girls to meet their parents, from there, they knew how serious he takes this relationship.

he'd make sure that baram was safe, felt like someone would protect her from any kind of man--especially lucas who baram told jaehyun that have a bad history.

he'd make sure that he protect baram from lucas no matter what. but it looks like he wasn't that protective.

he was about to make a surprise for her, to make a surprise breakfast for her to make up because he can't come to the reunion to accompany her because he had plans with his family.

baram maybe said that it's fine but jaehyun still feel wrong to not be there with his girl when the enemy is breathing the same air as he.

after buying the ingredients about that could feed the whole floor of baram's apartment, he went there without telling her--besides it was a surprise breakfast.

he walked inside with the keys that jungwoo had made for him to spare, he was the one who got the surprise.

jaehyun saw baram with lucas, body against each other, so close--too close for jaehyun to see clearly how baram couldn't resist lucas.

maybe lucas is jaehyun's boss but it didn't count when he wasn't in the office and it wasn't a lie when jaehyun wanted to rip lucas away from baram and punch him right there and then.

but jaehyun couldn't move his muscles. seeing baram seems to enjoy what was happening make jaehyun's heart broke into million pieces and drop a tear from his eyes.

it wasn't look like baram wanted to push him away from her, it wasn't look like baram rebelling against him. 

"so it wasn't my girlfriend and my boss about to kiss each other?!" jaehyun turn around, with eyes already wet with tears as he spoke, voice higher than he used to speak.

baram shut her mouth with jaehyun's sudden outburst.

"how could you do that to me?" jaehyun asks voice suddenly broke and tears that won't stop from falling. he can see the hurt from baram's eyes too when her eyes filled with tears.

"haven't i told you how serious i am with you? am i not good enough for you baram?!"

"you are!" baram replied, stepping forward towards jaehyun and placed her hands on jaehyun's arms, "please don't say that, you are more than good, jaehyun."

"out of all people baram," he said, "why lucas? why him? didn't you told me that he's the person you hated the most?!"

"i'm sorry jaehyun!"

"why is he in your apartment without telling me about it!"

"i'm sorry! this is all my fault i bring him to my apartment because i saw him drunk okay? i-i don't know where he lives. i wanted to ask jisoo but she wa-wasn't around so i d-don't know what to do!"

"then why..." he trailed off losing his voice at how sad and hurt he is, "...why did he have his arms around you instead of mine?"

baram sniffle before finally meeting jaehyun's watery eyes. jaehyun saw a hesitation in her eyes, she maybe looked at his eyes but it was sure empty for some reason, jaehyun didn't saw the real baram.

it's still early in the morning and this is what jaehyun get for wanting to do a good thing to baram--to show baram how sorry he was for not able to be there for her.

"answer me baram," jaehyun spoke after a good one minute of silence, "are... you in love with him?"

he saw her gulp the lump in his throat, blinking her eyes multiple times. it's not like the usual baram.

"n-no! of course not why would i?" baram replied shaking her head and then cleared her throat, "please jaehyun, the only guy i love is you, don't make those kind of assumptions."

"this won't happened again, jaehyun, i promise you."

for some reason jaehyun felt relieved that baram wasn't in love with lucas, but for some reason those words weren't meant to be trusted.

her eyes seems different, the way she talks and the way she acts seems different.

maybe he haven't known baram that deep yet, he tried to, slowly, and somehow as far as he knew her, this felt different.

of course from now on, jaehyun had trust issues with her--not that he don't love her anymore, still do, but now, he felt like it would be hard to trust her anywhere she goes.

this could one out of who knows how many that baram had played behind his back, there could be things she did without jaehyun knew about it.

his guts tells him that this wasn't the first time baram had done this but another side of him tells him to trust her again, don't jump into another conclusion that will effect more this relationship than it already is.

as much as it hurts jaehyun to see baram in someone's else embrace or to be precise lucas, he can't hide the fact that it hurts him too to see baram cried in front of him, eyes begging for forgiveness.

he never see baram cried like this before, how much tears that's flooding her cheeks and how she looked sorry.

jaehyun knew baram as the good person, kind one and the very generous one. she won't do crazy things unless it was the opposite one who forced her to do so.

that's what jaehyun had been observing for a while.

"promise?" he asks looking back to her eyes after solidly thinking.

baram nodded her head quickly without hesitation, "i promise you with all my heart."

jaehyun then pull her in, kissed the top of her temple before she wrapped her arms around his waist and give it a little squeeze while buried her face inside his chest.

i hope it wasn't a lie baram.

ITS JAEHYUN's POV DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
i cant believe i wrote this but that's how it is people! dont forget to vote and comment!