n i n e t e e n

kim baram

both jaehyun and baram are inside lucas' office. baram knew he was serious when both of his hands are on top of the desk and his feet crossing one another.

sometimes it fascinates baram that in some particular time, he can be serious and suddenly back to his old self; the prankster one.

"let me get this straight," lucas started after how many seconds he had just waste but thank god baram had ate her lunch, "i bet you guys already knew the law we have here about dating in the same office right?"

baram nodded her head but soon furrowed her brows, "i know sir, but as long as it won't bother you or the company, it won't cause any harm to either me, him or you - sir, i see why not."

even though baram is blind in love relationship, but isn't blind when she knew that what lucas is trying to do. she knew it was kind of wrong dating jaehyun right after lucas confess his feelings to her, it was kind of rude but it she can't deny that she feel the same towards jaehyun.

liking lucas back was just like doing a suicide.

"but i can't accept that in the office." lucas said with a stern tone but baram didn't sit back.

"i know it is, but i don't see why not working in the same office can't date - what if we both are soulmate do you--"

"what soulmate?!"

baram jerk back into the chair with her eyes wide open when lucas yelled in front of her face while throwing a pen across the room, leaving a small scratch on baram's face.

her eyes welled up in tears, she wasn't hurt that lucas forbid them dating in the same office but it hurts her that he's willing to do anything that involved with violence.

maybe he likes to use his hands in high school, but it never harmed her physically, it was just words, the bottom of her chair being kicked or sometimes book thrown to the ground purposely.

if she didn't back up quickly, the pen would have stuck on her face. she heard jaehyun cursed under her breaths, sending glare to the latter in front of them.

lucas' eyes tremble as he scans baram's face and jaw slacked open - wanting to say something but nothing came out.

baram stood up, but before she could say anything else, jaehyun had cut her first.

"we knew it will affect the company's future, but we promise you that it won't affect you or even the company, we will sort our problems professionally since we're the one who are dating. so don't worry, it has nothing to do with you after all." he said before taking baram's hand that was turned into fist and walk out from the office.

jaehyun's hold on her for the first time wasn't a good impression. it was rough, baram don't like it, but she can't blame him for being rough when something awful is happening.

"i'm taking you to a hospital," he said as he gather his things and also hers, earning some attention from the other co-worker, "and rest while you can, you don't have that much work."

he didn't look at her eyes as he bring her things and walk towards the elevator.

-

"jaehyun." baram called as both of them are walking towards jaehyun's car that was parked in the parking lot. baram had stopped her walk while jaehyun still walking like a no soul human being.

baram follow his footsteps and stopped beside him before taking his hand to stop and turn him around to face her.

"i'm okay, we don't need to go to the hospital." she said holding both of his hands on her small ones.

jaehyun shook his head before finally taking her into his embrace, "i'm sorry i couldn't protect you." he said burying his face between the crock of baram's neck.

"i should've stood up for our relationship." he continue tightening the hug that baram finally reply.

a smile appear on her face, "its okay jaehyun, he won't harm us, not this time."

jaehyun end up taking baram home, since he have to teach jungwoo for another lesson and the building is still under construction, jungwoo and his friends will come over again and might as well make them dinner.

jaehyun was back at the apartment, not feeling so well and taking a rest before he had to tutor jungwoo and hi friends while baram was on her way with jaehyun's car towards the supermarket.

baram had make him snack if he ever felt hungry before leaving the apartment and let jaehyun sleep in her bedroom. after changing her clothes into something more comfortable, like black jeans, big sweater and flat shoes.

baram can't hide her feelings when jaehyun came up to her and hugged her, telling her he was suppose to stood up for their relationship therefore, baram knew how serious jaehyun was.

jaehyun was the one who cure the scar on baram's face.

arriving at the parking lot, baram parked her car near the front entrance and locked the door on the way in before a hand had stopped her from walking inside.

"end it or i will." baram brows rose when she saw lucas at where she were. there's no way that this is a coincidence, there's no reason why he would be at the supermarket at a time like this.

baram pull her hand back as lucas grip on it so hard and when she did, baram took a step back.

"my relationship had nothing to do with you," baram said, "i maybe work under you but my love life doesn't depends on anything."

before baram could leave, lucas caught her wrist again. baram wanted to kick him on the gut, hearing him breath is already make her annoyed.

"are you really that mean? i confess my feelings to you - for fuck sake baram! in front of the whole crowd! doesn't that look real to you?"

"oh, like the time you tripped me at the hallway in high school, that's in front of the whole student right?" baram said as she finally took back her wrist before turning around to walk inside the supermarket, leaving the speechless lucas alone at the parking lot.

"yeah, no difference wong yuk-hei."

don't forget to vote and comment!