10. Chapter

POV: Yoongi

We went back to our rooms after we lost Dea. Hoseok meant that she simply needed to calm down and would come running back then but I could tell he was worried sick.

Apparently it wasn't the first time something like that had happened. He didn't answer any further questions after stating that she sometimes showed upsetting behaviour when partying.

"We should have kept searching", Jimin said and snuggled into my chest. I patted his head and suggested I'd check outside once again. Namjoon shook his head. "I will do it." He got up but I stopped him. "They need our leader now. I offered to do it so I will", I mouthed. "I-I feel responsible. She looked right at me and then she ran.." "It's not your fault, Namjoon", I reassured him.

"Please, hurry up Yoongi!", Jimin urged me. I gave him a warm smile which he returned. "Now go."

- - - - -

Where would I go? Maybe the beach? It seemed like a place she would choose. I stepped out off the front door and a cold breeze blew into my face. I wrapped the thin cardigan, I'd thrown over, closer around my body. Then I started walking down the shore carefully. My eyes got used to the darkness and scanned for a sign of life.

The water was swapping against the shore and my gaze thrifted to the ocean. No! In the cone of the moonlight I spotted what looked like a person. I tried to confirm my guess but then started screaming desperately to get noticed.

No reaction. The time was ticking - time they might not have. I pushed off my shoes carelessly and threw myself into the gargling water. Exhaustion and my wet clothes were pulling me down and it didn't seem that I had gotten closer yet.

I collected all the strength I had left and stroke forward until I finally could see the them again. My worst expectations were confirmed.

I swam towards her and pulled her numb, sinking body above the water. "Dea!", I muttered. It was hard to keep her head in the air without being pushed under myself. "Dea!", I tried to slap her face but she only swallowed water again when I let her go. "Damn it! Remember your swimming lessons Yoongi!!!!!"

I turned onto my back and pulled her against my chest. Then I pressed in the hope of her eventually spitting out the water again. It didn't help much. I started swimming towards the shore but her cold and limb body escaped from my grasp several times.

There were now people standing on the beach. One of them ran into the water and swam towards me, pulled Dea out of my arms and saved her. With my last strength I heaved myself out of the water and collapsed on the sand.

Jimin hurried to my side and sat down next to me. "Are you okay? Can I get you anything?" He meant worried. "Food. I need energy - sugar" He smiled down at me and mumbled, "Anything for you, Suga." Then he was gone.

I turned my head but I didn't see much because it had gotten dark and Taehyung was standing in the way. Hoseok was furiously grasping at Dea without a reaction. "Why doesn't she wake up!", he cried.

"She swallowed water", I stated but it came out as a sore whisper. Taehyung hurried to my side and kneed down. "Do you need something, hyung?" "Water-- she swallowed water."

"She swallowed water", Tae passed on to the others. "I'm gonna get you a blanket. You're almost as cold as her", he added. "Hyungs! Wouldn't it be better if we bring them inside?", the maknae interrupted doubtfully.

Namjoon stopped in his paths and ordered Tae and Jin to bring me to the reception and then call the ambulance.

They helped me get up and accompanied me inside where Jin immediately asked the receptionist for the phone. Tae sat down with me while the other man was talking and kept on looking at me worriedly. "Can you please bring me a glass of water?", I asked so he had something to do. He got up and left.