Chapter 6

Jessica's POV

It is May 23rd, 2019 and we are in Milan, Italy!

We had a great show in Oslo, Norway last night, but I am super excited to be here in Italy because this is where my family comes from!

We have 2 days til the show here, so we're going to meet family that I have here! I want to say they're all cousins but they're still family!

We traveled about an hour or so to my cousin, Gianna's house.

"Ciao, Jessica!" Gianna says to me greeting me with open arms.

"Ciao! It's so nice to meet you!"

"It's so nice to meet you too! How's Nonna?"

"She's great! She sends her love!"

My mom, Justin, Layla & I walk into her house with our bags. My other cousins, Luca & Sofia, Gianna's brother & sister, greeted all of us. Gianna is the oldest, she's 28. Sofia is 25 & Luca is 22.

Their parents, their mom being my mom's sister, travel a ton. From what I've been told, they're never home. So it's always just the 3 of them. I'm glad Justin gets to meet them with me.

"Oh my god, Luca can get it." Layla whispers to me.

I giggle at her reaction "What about Fredo?"

"I don't know...he's been weird the past couple days. I mean, we're not official. Would it be so bad if I go after him?"

"No, I guess not. But I mean, it could hurt Fredo if he does like you, which I'm sure he does."

"I'll talk with Luca, and if sparks fly, then I'll talk to Fredo about us to see if there's a future. Like I don't wanna completely forget things with Fredo for Luca, then not have anything with him, ya know?"

"I guess? Just be careful, Lay."

She walked over to Luca & Justin came by me.

"Your family is great, baby. They seem to like me." he says giggling.

"They are & I'm glad they like you."

"Your mom especially, has warmed up to me after everything."

"Yeah, definitely. I knew she would though."

We all got settled into our rooms, then we all made dinner together the old fashioned way. Everything by hand. My family is definitely very traditional & loves making everything homemade if possible.

All of us made spaghetti, which is still Justin's favorite. We had a meat sauce & some meatless sauce for ya girl.

I had such a great time just talking with everyone. There was laughter, there was crying. Just a whole roller coaster of emotions from all the different conversations.

Of course, Justin & I had to tell them the full detailed story of what happened from my Paris trip & on, so that brought in the tears. But bringing up the happy moments brought back the joy.

Out of the three of them, I felt closest to Sofia. Probably because she's closer to my age than Gianna, but we had more in common than Luca & I.

By the time we finished catching up & talking about literally everything, it was time for bed. Justin & I went into our room. It was kinda small, but it was super cozy so I'm not complaining. I actually really like it.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" Justin asks while getting his pjs on.

"Um, I'm not 100% sure but I think we're going out in the town & doing some sightseeing. Probably gonna go make our gelato too."