Chapter 41

Jessica's POV

Sunday, April 10th, 2022

Quite a bit of time has gone by, today is the day of my bridal shower! I'm so beyond excited. My mom, Pattie, and Layla put it all together this morning. It's super lowkey, it's in our backyard, which I love. I don't need anything super big or extravagant, especially since Justin & I aren't paying for it, I don't want our moms & Layla to spend all their money.

I put on a light pink halter dress that has a skater skirt. I paired it with white almond toed pumps & threw my hair up into a bun. Oh, did I mention, my hair is like...platinum? I'm obsessed.

I go downstairs & outside to the backyard. I see the set up for the first time. It's beautiful.

I try and keep myself from crying

I try and keep myself from crying. This couldn't be more perfect.

"So, how'd we dooo?" Layla asks.

"It's perfect. It's so beautiful. It's like exactly what I wanted. Thank you." I say, hugging her tightly.

"Anything for my best friend. I still can't believe you're getting married."

"I know! 63 days."

"Wow, this is amazing! Great job, guys!" Justin says walking outside.

"I know, right?!" I say, kissing him. "Are you heading out with Fredo now?" I ask him.

"Yeah, we're gonna go to the movies and get lunch. That should be enough time right?"

"Yeah, I think that'll be plenty." I giggle.

"Okay. I'll see you when I get back."

"Okay. I love you, baby."

"I love you, too, honey." he gives me a kiss goodbye before he heads towards the garage.

People start coming in. Of course my bridal party, then some other friends from Boca & some of my aunts & cousins. I also invited Miley, Demi, & Taylor. We've gotten quite close over the years, from doing the VS show with Taylor, a couple performances with Miley, and ghost hunting with Demi.

Once everyone arrived, and I greeted them all, we took our plates from our spot at the table and we went to the buffet that was set up under another tent. There was fruit salad, regular salad, different types of finger sandwiches, some dips with chips, and of course desserts.

We had pink lemonade to drink or pink champagne. We also had coffee or tea.

After we ate, Layla stood up raising her glass.

"So, I just want to thank you all for coming to my best friends bridal shower. Pattie, Justin's mom, Annie, Jessica's mom, and I put this all together just to celebrate the big day coming up. As maid of honor, I was so excited to be able to plan this & Im so glad it turned out so great, & the weather could not be more perfect. Not only does it mean a lot to Jess, but it means a lot to me too, and the moms, that you are all here. Jess, I love you with all my heart. I am so glad to call you my best friend for what, 20ish years, now? It's crazy. Congratulations for the millionth time, on getting engaged to a wonderful man who loves you just as much or possibly even more than I do. Cheers!"