Chapter 29

Jessica's POV

May 25th 2020

Today is the day I go on Ellen! I couldn't be more excited to see her again & it's just me this time, Justin will not be joining me on the interview, but I'm sure Ellen will call him out to join anyways.

"Please welcome pops new dangerous woman, Jessica Pelligrini!!" Ellen calls me out to the stage.

I walk out as Into You plays & she greets me with a big hug before we sit down.

"It's great having you back!" she says.

"It's great being here! It's been too long."

"Yes, it has. A lot has happened since the last time, I see?" she looks down at my hand.

"Hehe yeaaahh..." I say getting shy.

"How'd he do it?"

"How did Justin propose?"

"Yeah, tell us." my engagement announcement picture goes onto the screen behind us as she speaks.

"Oh god, um okay. So, I was having a hard time falling asleep, and I had turned over to cuddle up to him. He goes "Marry me.". I'm like, "Justin, I think you're dreaming.". The next morning he was like "Ya know I was serious about asking you to marry me." I was shook. I didn't give him an answer until his birthday. I went to the store & got him a cake that said "Yes!" on it. His face lit up, it was the happiest I've ever seen him."

"That's great! But the ring. When did you get the ring?"

"We went to Tiffany's & picked it out together. Little did I know, when I was off looking at other jewelry when he was checking out, he had it engraved. The ring needed to be ordered because they didn't have my size. It actually came in on time, but I didn't know it. He kept it from me until he took me on a surprise trip to Monte Carlo, to the theater where all that crap went down, and he got down on one knee & did it the proper official way. I cried, I laughed. It was an amazing day."

"Wow, Justin's a great guy. That was really romantic of him."

"It was. I still can't believe it."

We continued to talk & we got into detail about the album. Before we went to break,

"So, before we go to break, I have an engagement gift for you & Justin. Justin, come on out!"

Justin walks out on stage & sits on the arm rest of my chair. He leans over to give me a kiss, driving the audience crazy, especially my fans who are over there.

"To congratulate you guys, I got you this." she hands us a big basket of stuff. "There's a newlywed cookbook, a wedding planing book, some Ellen underwear for the day of," we laugh, because of course, classic Ellen. "A Kate Spade bangle for you, Jess. It says "Cue the confetti, cut the cake, kiss the bride, etc." Cupcakes, wine, all that great stuff. Oh, and a all paid trip on a European cruise. You're welcome."

"Oh my god, you paid for our honeymoon?" I say shocked.

"Yes, I did. You two have the most fun."

I can't believe Ellen, wow. She's really that bitch. So caring & generous. Well shit, generous is in her name.

I performed "Into You" at the end of show, which everyone loved & I loved performing for them.

After the show, Justin & I go to the grocery store to pick up general things we need and stuff for dinner.

"What do you want tonight, baby?" Justin asks.