Chapter 32

Jessica's POV

June 30th, 2020

"Merci." I say to the door man as Justin & walk into our hotel in Paris, Layla & Fredo follow behind.

We're going to be looking at wedding venues & I couldn't be more excited! Layla & I might go look at some dresses too while we're here.

Our first stop is the hotel we're staying at, near the Eiffel Tower.

"What do you think, baby?" Justin asks.

"It's pretty, but I think it too...public."

"Too public?"

"Yeah. I feel like there's so many tourists here because of how close it is to the tower. I mean, we turning heads and dropping jaws when we walked in."

"Yeah, there's already pics of us goin around." Layla says, looking at her phone.

"Well, fuck." Justin says.

"Maybe we need to stay out of Paris. I think anywhere we go, we're gonna get noticed." I say to Justin.

"You're right. Um, okay let's go to our room & do some research."

We got upstairs to our room & Justin pulled out his laptop.

"Fuck, I don't even know what to look up. Umm... "private wedding venues in france" *enter* okay, here we go. There seems to be a lot of châteaus around or in Nice."

"Okay, and those are like mansions right? Or like castles?"

"Yeah."

"Lets go to this one, this one, & maybe this one?" I say pointing to the screen.

"Alright. I'll get us our rental car & we'll have a little road trip."

"The cadillac, right?" I say smiling.

"Of course. Wouldn't do it any other way."

I don't know how he does it, but he does. Like, how does he just find old cars to rent & drive around?

"Okay, someone is bringing the car to the hotel. Should be about 20 minutes." Justin says.

I nod my head in agreement.

We made our way around to all 3 stops. The very last one really caught our eye.

"This...this is perfect." I say looking out from the ceremony balcony to the French Riviera.

"It is. I'll go book it." Justin says.

"864 days. Cannot fucking wait." I say to Layla.

"You're counting down?" she asks.

"Yeah." I smile.

"That's so cute."

"Um, Layla I have something for you."

"What? You have something for me?"

"Yes, I do." I pull out a little pink white box with a pink bow wrapped around it. I hand it to her & she opens it.

"I couldn't tie the knot without you. Will you be my maid of honor?" Layla reads the cardboard, that a necklace with a silver "knot" charm, holds. She puts her hand over her mouth in shock.