Chapter 63

Jessica's POV

March 8th, 2024

Sweetener World Tour starts in exactly 10 days! I'm so excited to finally tour again. This will be so different this time around, having Mia with us, but it'll be fun. Justin will be watching her backstage except for when he's on stage for our part of show, then my mom will have her.

It's 8:45am, both Justin & Mia are still sleeping. I'm currently sitting at the kitchen counter still in my pjs and messy bun, sipping on some coffee, scrolling through Instagram.

*Scooter calling*

"Hello?" I pick up.

"Hey, turn on channel 7."

"Why?" I ask, turning the TV onto channel 7.

"You'll see."

"Former British pop star, Arabella Winthrop Scott has seeming to have escaped the mental institution she was staying at. British reporters have said that she will probably skip town & head to Albany, NY, where her nemesis look a like, Jessica Pelligrini, will be playing her first show of the Sweetener World Tour on the 18th." The news reporter said.

"Fuck." I say. "She better not do shit I swear to god."

"I'm doing everything I can to have people track her. I want to postpone the Albany show to the 19th. We'll go to the venue, with full security. We will wait for her to show. I don't want her coming to a full venue. Who knows what she'd do. We don't need a Manchester part two."

"I agree."

"All security will be armed. If she does end up getting shot, it will be self defense. No one will shoot unless she's threatening. We don't want anyone going to jail for this but her.

"I want to be there. I know you probably want me to stay at the hotel, but I want to be there. And I want to be armed. I want to be the one who finally takes this bitch down for good."

"Jessica..."

"What? What's the difference if I kill her or security? You said it'll be self defense and you know she'll threaten & go after me before anyone. If she knows I'm at the venue, she will for sure show. Let's set this bitch up."

"You know how much this could ruin your reputation if you kill her, Jess?"

"I know. But honestly....my fans would probably understand. If it's self defense, which it would be, one hundred percent. Obviously, some will be disappointed in me, I'll make an apology. I just need to do this, for myself. She's tried to kill me, and she almost killed Justin. I'm fucking doing this whether you like it or not. I've been living in fear for the past 6 years, of her coming back and doing the unimaginable. That fear has come back & tried us, even if it wasn't her, and I need to be the one who takes down that fear for good."

"Alright, alright. But if anything happens to you, it's your own fault."

"I know. I'll have security all around me. She won't even dare to lay a hand on me."

"Ok. I'll start getting things in order. For now, you just worry about going to your final rehearsals."

"And being a mom, and a wife. I know. And speaking of being a mom, Mia's crying & Justin's still asleep, so I'll talk to you later.

"Alright, Ill call tou when I have more info."

"Ok, sounds good. Bye."

Scooter said goodbye & I hung up. I went upstairs to find Mia awake. I picked up from her crib.

"Good morning, baby. Why the tears? Need a clean diaper?"

Mia nods her head yes. The more words she understands, the more it shows how much she's growing up.