Do You Love Me? (Jax)

It had been so long since that girl left but it still seems she is still causing trouble for things here. I had been there for Jax Teller since before she was even in the picture. I was there after and then during the Wendy fiasco. It wasn't until after the divorce did he realize what was in front of him. I took care of him and the club when needed and then some. I was there since the beginning, same as him. My father being Piney and twin brother, Opie.

I was the atonement of the perfect Old Lady. Yet he waited til so much later to realize that. Which I'm happy for all the same but I had hoped for it to be sooner. Then the shit with Abel and then Tara fucking Knowles just had to be back.

Maybe I was paranoid or not but I felt like he was just using me and then I was playing second fiddle to that woman. Sometimes I thought I saw him give her looks like he still loved her or maybe I was imagining things, I don't know.

Once the things had settled a little, I let the self-doubt cloud my mind and I sat in our home at the table with a drink in hand and a cigarette in the ash try. I sat there for I don't know how long as I started down into the glass filled with amber liquid before I heard the door open and close as Jax walked through. I heard the leather being shrugged off his shoulders and put it on the hook and toeing off his shoes.

"Babydoll? What's wrong?" He asked as he walked into the dinning area.

I mumbled so low, even I could barely hear myself. "Do you love me?"

"What?" He asked. I didn't have to look at him to know he was frowning his brow in confusion.

"Do you love me? No, let me rephrase that. Are you in love with me?" I finally looked up at him as his face morphed into shock at my question.

"Y/N...what makes you think I'm not in love you? Baby, I love you. So much." He grabbed my hand and put the glass on the table and rubbed my knuckles.

I sighed as I watched our hands. It felt so good and I loved the smoothness yet worn feeling his hands had. "I..I don't know, Jax. It's just I get doubts sometimes. It's been like this since I was young especially once I knew I loved you. I can't compare to the other women you've been with."

"Exactly, you can't compare because you are so much better than them. Yes, it took me awhile to see that but I did and that's all that matters. You can't compare to them because you are your own person. You should never compare yourself to others. I know that's what your mother did and I don't want you doing that to yourself."

He stood up and pulled me with him. "Now let me show you just how much I love you. And then we can add Abel to the list of people who love you just as much as I do." He wagged his eyebrows at me and I laughed at as he pulled me to our bedroom.