Don't Go (Happy)

Being a trauma surgeon was very helpful to the club. You were called out to multiple occasions where you operated on different Sons. You even worked on your Old Man sometimes. But it was never this bad. Happy had never come to you this bad, nor into the hospital. Happy was rolled in just as you got done with another patient.

The fast pace of the ER was moving around you at slow motion as you realized who it was that was rolled in. In what seemed like seconds you shook yourself out of it and then started to bark orders at the nurses for getting the procedure done. You tried hard not to focus on the fact that your Old Man was laying, almost dying in front of you. You rushed him into a surgery room and started to sterilize everything. You raced to get ready and soon you stood beside Happy and started to prepare yourself for what was to come.

After about 25 minutes of working on him to get all the bullet shards out. A long ring ran through the air. He had flat lined. You and the nurses worked him back alive with in a minute before going back to work with a sigh of relief. Just minutes later, he flat lined again.

You pumped his chest, saying to yourself that he just couldn't leave you there. He shouldn't leave you all alone like this. Almost like he heard you, he started breathing again. You then quickly and carefully pulled the rest of the bullet shards out before stitching him up.

As you finished up, you nodded and smiled finely at the nurses that congratulated you on a successful surgery. You finally came upon an empty hallway and slumped to the ground and placed your head into your knees, sobbing and breathing hard. You almost didn't hear the heels clack on the ground.

You felt an arm around your shoulder, making you jump and jerk your head up. You saw Gemma and it made the tears just fall harder.

"Oh, baby." She whispered and pulled you into her chest as you gripped her waist.

She let you cry it out before sending you back to work, which didn't last but a few hours. Clocking out, you made your way to Happy's room and saw no change but the calm atmosphere that surrounded the room had finally settled. You smiled at the sight of your Old Man and sat down at his side. Placing your hand in his and then place your head by his side.

You fell asleep and didn't wake up for a good while. Which left Happy to wake up to the sight of you laying by his side. He grinned to himself as he thought about how he knew he had the right one when he met you and was glad he never let you go.