Secret Place (Happy)

Today was a special day. Today was the day you and your Old Man, Happy, got together. So, to celebrate, Happy planned a surprise for you. The only thing that you knew about it was what to wear, which was casual.

He didn't come home til around 1 in the afternoon and by then you were ready to get this show on the road. He pulled up on his bike and had something wrapped on the back, you noticed as you walked over to him.

"Hey, baby." He said as you reached him and he handed you your helmet and pulled yourself up behind him.

"Hey, stud." You smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "Are you gonna tell me where we're going?" You asked as he back you two out of the driveway.

He didn't answer but chuckled.

You sighed as he pulled away and made his way out of town. It took a while but you got to a shady part of town where all that was there was woods. You looked around, suspiciously, like you were in a horror movie. He parked around some trees and took his helmet off and got off the bike.

"Come on, babe. Let's go." He said.

You stood off the bike and took off you helmet as you glanced around before speaking. "What are we doing here?" He didn't answer but just unwrapped a package from the back of the bike. "Feels like I'm in a bad horror film." You muttered to yourself.

He laughed at your before grabbing your hand and pulling you into the forest. As you two continued walking, you slowly started to become more anxious. "Maybe we should go back now?" You said as you pulled Happy's hand to try and lead him back to the bike.

He stopped and turned around and then put his hands on your face to frame it. "Y/N, Baby. Nothing is going to get you as long as I'm here. Besides, I find your lack of faith disturbing." He teased as he deepened his voice.

You smiled smally at him as you let him pull you along. After about 5 minutes of walking the trees opened to a type of clearing, which was beautiful in the glow of the setting sun. The rays of light shined off the tall blades of grass as the swayed gently with the breeze.

You barely noticed as Happy let go of your hand as you stood there, entranced by the scene in front of you. He then unwrapped the blanket that was wrapped around some snacks and whatnots.

As he got set up, you finally snapped out of the dazed state you were in and slowly made your way to him as you turned in a circle slowly, savoring the picture before you. You turned to him and noticed him staring at you with his face blank of emotion but his eyes spoke volumes to you.

You smiled brightly at him and sat down next to him on the blanket.

Neither of you had to say anything, as the silence was comfortable.

After a couple of hours of just basking in each other's presence, you had a thought as a smirk formed on your face.

He looked at you with his head tilted in question. You didn't say anything but smacked his chest and hurriedly yelled 'tag!' and took off.

He leaned his head back and groaned. He stood up and started jogging after you. "I. Hate. Running." He groaned out to himself.