Anxious (16)

Gerard's POV (goes back in time a little bit) :

The interview was going okay. The questions were the same as usual until he started talking to Y/N. When he asked her if she was good enough I knew what would happen. It's like he turned evil and he almost spat the question at her. I gave Frank a wink. Whenever we wink in an interview it basically means you are asking that person to answer the question. 

I look down at Y/N and I'm filled with worry. I can't show it because we are on camera and the fans will notice anything but she has gone completely pale and I can hear her struggling to breathe. 

I try to wrap up the interview as fast as I can and when the cameras are finally off she lets go of my hand and runs. I stare the interviewer dead in the eyes and say "You are such a prick" before running after her. 

I follow her down flights of stairs into the corner of a courtyard. She kneels on the ground and at this point she is hyperventilating. I have never experienced a panic attack but I know what it looks like. 

I sit down and lay her head on my lap. I keep screaming her name but she won't respond like she is trapped in her own body. I feel tears prickle at my eyes. Nobody deserves to be in this much pain. I take strands of her hair and start curling them around my finger. 

After a while she calms down and snaps out of whatever she was trapped in. She sits up and I hug her harder than I have ever hugged anyone before. She sits cross- legged opposite me and I feel a tear make it's way down my cheek. 

She looks exhausted and helpless and it makes me so sad because she is too beautiful to live like that. She looks up at me with tears streaming down her face and whisperes "I'm sorry, I know I'm useless" through jagged breaths. Those words hit me like a punch in the face. Useless. She is everything but useless.

I pull her so she can sit next to me and I let her rest her head onto my shoulder. I wipe away her tears with my shirt because at this point who cares about appearance. I look in her E/C eyes and try to seem as serious as I could possibly be. 

"You are so much more. Don't let the voice in your tell you lies and most importantly don't believe them". I use my index finger to lift her head up from under her chin being as gentle as I could.

I leaned in and kissed her cheek. As soon as my lips touched her skin little sparks went off. It's not like anyone I've kissed before, it's more meaningful. I pull away and smile.

"The day can only get better than this right?" I say trying to cheer her up. She giggles and I realise that I am realling falling for her. I grab her hand and lift her up right at the same time the other guys come running outside.