Bad Luck (40)

I spent the plane journey looking through my phone gallery and re-living all the photos in my mind. It makes me smile, knowing that even in these two weeks I can still be close to the guys in some way. I watched a few movies and listened to some music but as the plane is landing I find my anxiety levels rising. I haven't actually seen my aunt since I was 9, well unless rubbish face time sessions count but I stopped them a quite a few years ago as well. 

I get off the plane and get all my bags with no problem making my way into a cab for the journey to my aunt's house. I realise my aunt never told me her adress but I just assume it's the same one she has always lived in. I mean she never wanted to move anywhere different and it is a nice house.

We pull up at the door of the brick house with the over grown garden. I pay the driver and get all my stuff out, he was really quiet but I guess I wouldn't really want to talk to complete strangers. The expression butterflies in my stomach is an understatement, right now it feels like there are boulders in my stomach.

I go up the few small steps and knock on the door but I get no response. I knock again a bit harder and I hear this grumble from inside and the thud of footsteps getting closer. To my surprise a man opens the door and stands there menacingly.

"What the hell do you want" he grumbles. He is tall and has a pot belly , and he looks quite agressive. I stand back a bit, for my whole life my aunt has lived alone.  I clear my throat and reply to him but my voice is so quiet i'm surprised he can hear me. 

"I am supposed to be visiting my aunt for a few weeks and I believe she lives here.. or used to live here" I mumble.

He looks me up and down so slowly my heart feels like it wants to escape my body and run away. My whole body wants to run away but for some reason I am rooted to the spot , frozen if you will. I can't move. 

He moves closer to me and I feel like I might cry. suffocated. He pulls a strand of hair behind my ear and gently traces his hand across my face. I want to slap him. There's no where to go. I don't know where I am. His hands are still moving across my arms now and I am willing my body to do anything. Run. Escape. Anything. but it stays rooted to the spot.  His hands move slosly over me and run over my chest. That's when finally my body moves accordingly. 

I kick him in the nuts and step back as he doubles over in pain. My blood is pumping so fast and I suddenly feel powerful and angry. I do what Gee has always said to do and it makes me feel a bit closer to him. I stick up my middle finger and scram "FUCK YOU" right to his face. He tries to get up and grab me but I grab my bags and run. He is still in too much pain to run after me so I get away pretty easily.

Part of my brain is telling me I'm a badass and the other is saying how horrible I was to kick him but I mean there was not a lot else I could do. I try to call my aunt but nobody pcks up the phone. Great. Now where do I go.

It's quite late now and I'm so hungry I could faint. It's getting dark and I have no where to go and the fact that I have to lug around a suitcase it strting to annoy me. I walk down the path and try to search my phone for nearby hotels when I hear something a few meters away.

I look up and spot a guy wearing an MCR jumper. I can't help but smile, maybe he can help me get to a hotel or something. He walks over all quiet and giddy but it just makes me laugh. We have a short conversation about MCR and what it's like performing. He gives me his phone case to sign and we take a photo and then he gives me directions to a small hotel just out of town. 

Before too long it is over and he is walking away again leaving em standing here alone and feeling tense. I make my way to the hotel and manage to get a room for the night. The bed is comfy and I feel myself sinking into it but before I allow myself to sleep I send Mikey a message

Me: Hey Mikey, are you and Gee in the same place? Turns out England it not how I expected it to be and who knows where my aunt is. Would it be okay if I come and stay with you guys and your family, it's okay to say no I just don't see the point of me staying here.  If you say yes, don't tell Gee .. I wanna surprise him

and with that I drifted asleep