Numb (84)

TW - this chapter is intense

A/N - Hey guys, I can't believe people are still reading this story and enjoying it. I have over 80k reads now and that is beyond wild so thank you so very much. This chapter is a intense so be warned and if you guys ever need anything you can always message me. Stay safe I love you frens xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After crying for what feels like hours I am now just numb sitting against a wall. People have given us their towels and Ray and Kristin went to get our own towels too. I am clutching Gerard's towel and I have put on the shirt he gave me this morning. Surprisingly there are still a lot of people around. Frank is talking to some people a few meters away from me. I feel nothing. Shock. 

There are news stations and paparazzi here and some people have come especially to clean up the blood. Every now and then I see a camera turn to me but I keep my eyes focused on the ground and close my eyes. Ray comes and sits down next to me and I rest my head against his arm. 

I thought my body had rid itself of tears but I guess not. They roll down my face hot and heavy and suffocating. I try not to make a sound but I know Ray can tell I'm crying. He just sits firmly like a rock.

"What are we going to do" I whisper.

"I don't know" Ray mumbles and I hear his voice crack. 

A few minutes later my phone rings. Mikey

I pick it up and I can hear his trembling voice on the other side of the line. 

"Y/N listen to me, you won't want to hear this but just listen to me. They've taken Gee into emergency surgery and I've donated my blood so that they can use it on him because he's lost a lot. They won't let anyone near him at the moment and they won't tell me anything apart from the fact that he is in critical condition. I need you to go to the tour bus and stay there. Stay in the tour bus and I will update you guys." M

"Mikey you know I can't do that" I say through tears.

"You have to Y/N" M

"I am so sorry Mikey this is all my fault" I sob

"No no it's not. Y/N pass this phone to Frank please" I try to stand up but my legs won't move. I pass the phone to Ray knowing he is stronger than me right now and mumble the word Frank. He gets up and walks away leaving me. 

About 20 mintes later the guys walk over to me with Kristin looking sheepish at the side. 

"Y/N we are going back to the bus. This lady offered to drive us" Frank says gently offering his hand to me to help me up. I take his hands and try to stand but my legs give way and I collapse again. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm trying I really am" I whisper. 

"I know I know" Frank mumbles quietly to me.

"You guys go and get into the car, we'll be there in a few minutes" Frank says.

As Ray and Kristin walk away Frank crouches down to my level. 

"Look Y/N, we can get through this. He's going to be okay and he's with the best people he can be with now. I just need you to trust me. Promise me if you ever need anything you'll talk to me. I know you bottle things up and then tend to explode but I need that to not happen. If I'm ever apart from you call me." he says dead serious but not angry. Gentle but firm. I nod because that's the most I can get out. 

He hooks his arm under mine and supports me as I stand up and we slowly make our way into the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------