Trying to help (25)

We go straight backstage and I spot a red ukulele lying on the ground in the dressing room. I can't help but get excited, I have played the ukulele since I was a child. I remember I used to sing songs and put on little shows for my parents.. my parents. I pick up the small instrument and sling the trap over my shoulder. I have written a few songs of my own and I grab a pic from a small dressing tabel trying to remember the chords.

The other guys grab chairs and sit down around me chatting amongst themselves. Gerard comes over and sits next to me looking straight into my eyes. "You play? Sing me something" he says with a gentle smile which makes my cheeks go pink. I begin to strum some chords 

Snowball turns into an avalanche 

you can't see a thing

trapped alone afraid

feel like suffocating

birds chirp but I don't hear them play

I'm zoned out don't know what to say

It's just another one of those days

I'll wake up gone and wear all grey.

I stop as the tears prick at my eyes. The sombre chords remind me of how terrible my past was and I almost feel guilty for enjoying life now. I look around to see that the whole room has gone silent and Ray looks at me with a tear rolling down his own cheek. Gerard pulls me into him and I rest my head on his chest feeling his arm wrap around my back. I am safe, I am loved and if anything the emotions I feel only make the song even more special.

"Wow, you wrote that?" Mikey says quietly and I nod slowly wiping my eyes. "You have such a beautiful voice Y/N " Frank says sounding honestly surprised. I thank them all and head into the bathroom to get changed into my concert outfit.

After around 30 mins we are all waiting backstage and everyone has had a few drinks to get zazzed up. We all jump around warming up and getting ready. Frank says something that makes me laugh and soon we are all in fits of laughter but the manager soon makes us shut up because we are about to go onstage. Here we go...

Gerard goes first and the crown goes wild screaming and shouting ready to have the time of their lives. Ray runs on with Frank and they go straight to their instruments. Mikey grabs my hand and we go on together. I run into the lights feeling the buzz of the crowd and seeing flashed of red and black spotlights shining on me face. Mikey squeezes my hand for encouragement before running to his own instrument and grabbing a pic ready to start.

The music starts to The.End and I go towards the front of the stage high-fiving some of the girls in the front row and listening to Gerard sing the first verse. His voice is so soothing and full of emotion I wish I had this talent. I feel the adrenaline pumping through my blood and I start to join in singing the chorus. This is the first time I have ever used a microphone and an earpiece so it seems weird being able to hear my voice and Gerard's over the crowd as I know without the ear thing the crowd is much louder than us. My voice fits perfectly with his and instaed of booing and throwing things at me the crowd are cheering especially. I feel so special and it is so amazing hearing a whole crowd singing the words to the same song.

The concert goes on but about halfway through when we are singing house of wolves I overhear some girls screaming for security. I notice a small circle gathering on the floor and a few people looking up at me shouting. Something is wrong and I need to help. I stop singing and scream to the crowd and to Gerard to stop. He looks at me and frowns tilting his head to the side. I crouch down at the front of the stage and look at the people who were calling me. I pick up my microphone and try to talk to them

"Hey what's going on is everything okay?" I ask and a few girls shout that someone has fallen and they can't get up because people kept jumping. "Can we get security to pull her up please and she can stand over here by the stands after being checked by a medic" I look over at Gerard and he nods at me supportively. The security guy comes over and fixes the situation and I feel happy that I was able to help.

The concert continues and we play through the rest of the tracks. I am enjoying every second. We finish the set and the show is over I can't help but feel dissapointed that it is over but that is the beauty of touring , you get to do it again. I take a deep breath as soon as I am offstage but now I have the hardest part.. the meet and greet...