Finally doing something good (26)

I run offstage and am immediately surrounded with a massive bear hug from all the guys. I can feel myself beaming and the adrenaline in my veins is so strong I could run a marathon.

I am sweaty but I think I'm the happiest I have ever been and I finally have people I love around me all the time. My black parade jacket sits on my body a little too big and losely but it feels right. My black makeup frames my face nicely and I feel special for once .. like I belong.

We separate from the hug and I grab a bottle of water and take a deep breath. You can still hear the crowd chatting as they gather their things and leave the arena or head to the line for the backstage meet and greet. 

Frank, Mikey and Ray are chatting (well more like shouting at each other) in the corridor because they are so energised. I look around but I can't see Gerard and I am just beginning to wonder if he is okay when my legs are suddenly pulled off the ground.

I let out a little squeal from shock and Frank turns around alarmed but then giggles to himself before continuing to chat. I turn me head around and smile up at Gee. He places me back down onto my feet and wraps his arms around me. Another hug but this time it's just for us. He leans down and kisses the top of my head making me blush like a madman and I notice there are tears forming in my eyes. Not the usual sad ones though, these are tears of joy and I know the others can tell that from the hyperactive way I am acting.

"Did you have fun" Frank walks over calling out to me with his usual side smirk creeping onto his face. I blush even more if that is physically possible. God I look like a tomato right now. I explain how I enjoyed it in the very bottom of my heart which made them all cringe but at least it is the truth.

"I'm really proud of you for helping that girl who fell" Gerard looks at me and gives me a gentle smile. Someone is proud of me.. well that is a new concept for my brain to cope with. I thank him and say that it really wasn't any trouble as if I had fell I would want someone to help me wether it was the singer, band or a random crowd member.

We head over to the meet and greet room and you can hear some people talking or squealing outside a locked door held by a security guard. It is a relatively small room with a door at either end and a long table that goes across. We sit down behind the table so that when the people enter they can walk through and exit though the other door. A nice lady comes along and explains how everything is going to work and gives us all a pen, a bottle of water and some badges. 

Apparently they do this thing where if the guest is here for a special occasion (like a birthday or something) or if they look like they may need help we can give them a badge to have a great time and remember to stay alive. I've never heard of this before but I think it is such a cool thing to do and I would have loved it if I got the chance to meet anyone famous.. well back in those times.

The people start pouring into the room and the first thing I hear is "HOLY SHIT AHH" which makes me giggle and reminds me of how I would have felt.

It has begun..