Teaching Venom Tricks (52)

I stand there just feeling warm and being hugged. It's amazing what a difference hugging a friend and hugging that someone special can be. I can feel his warmth and he brushed his nose against mine the way cringey instagram couples do but it still makes me feel special. I know a hug won't magically fix everything and I know we are still going to have to talk but I feel a lot more comfortable now anyway. 

"I really fucking missed you" Gee whisperes and even though it's only been 5 hours since we saw each other I couldn't feel any different. I want to stay in this moment forever but Frank coughs and we separate to see him standing awkward in the corner. 

I giggle a little because It's okay. My brain has just come to the realisation that it will in fact be okay and that I am alive and in love. Mikey and Ray walk back in carrying a tray of sodas and a menu for takeaway italian food. My stomach grumbles and Mikey laughs.

The little puppy comes racing into the room and jumps up on me showering me in kisses. It sounds better calling them kisses when they are really just licks but I like them anyway.

-------------------------kinda time skip brought to you by Mikey's unicorn--------------------------

The rest of the evening is spent telling jokes, filling up on various kinds of pasta and attempting to teach venom different tricks. It was really funny because all the guys had their own ideas of tricks and how to train a puppy so I just sort of sat back and watched. There were various times where I was laughing so hard I was literally rolling on the floor and getting hiccups.

It's near the end of the night now but the puppy training game is strong. We are all sitting in a circle facing inwards and the puppy is in the middle running around all of us an enjoying all the attention. We have already somehow tought him how to sit but now we are trying to teach him how to roll over as well. 

"No look, we need to use treats. If Venom rolls over then we give him a treat so he knows it's right" Mikey says looking a little prous of himself.

"ughhh really, that takes too long. Why can't we just use our hands to roll him over manually and then everyone can clap and maybe he will do it on his own because he wants more attention" Gerard says staring at his brother in a competitive way.

"You mean like push venom over. We can't do that it's too mean" Ray pipes in looking concerned and acting as his usual concerned kind self.

"Then what do you suggest we do" Mikey says a little irritated staring at the dog like it is some kind of alien creature.

"Well what if we roll over ourselves. Then the dog might think it's a normal thing to do and copy us not wanting to miss the fun" Frank says looking extremely proud of himself while the rest of us just look at each other.

"You can't be serious" I say trying not to loose my shit and laugh uncontrollably again.

"Yes seriously! I saw it in a video once except not with a dog but with a hamster. There was this super buff guy who had a hampster in his room and because the guy did sit-ups so often the hamster decided to copy it." Frank says with a surprisingly straight face. I can't believe he doesn't know how stupid he sounds. 

I can't help but laugh and Mikey joins me as we double over. Frank gets irritated and keeps asking us why we are laughing and Mikey attempts to explain which only makes us laugh harder. 

"I'm just thinking of a super buff hamster with a furry six pack doing sit-ups in it's cage. I mean where did you even find that video" Mikey says between breaths and by the end he is completely gone laughing super hard, then laughing because his own laugh sounds funny.

"Why didn't we get some hamsters then, I've got a whole play pen thing for them already" Gerard pitches in and I can't help but look confused.

"Why on earth do you have a play pen for hamsters" I reply giving him my best eyebrow look.

"Guys seriously can we just give it a try" Frank says looking a little more dissapointed.

"Okay if it'll make you happy" Ray teases and then flips his hair behind his shoulder like it's no big deal.

Then he proceded to lie down and roll over. The puppy looks intrigued but he doesn't actually do anything.

"Look if we want this to work we all need to roll over so he can see it's a thing everyone does" Frank says.

Before long we are all rolling around on the floor bumping into each other and having a really fun time. The sound of laughter fills the air as we act like complete idiots and roll even more. Frank and Gee even have a race to see who can roll to the other end of the room the fastest and I wish this moment would never end. It would be super weird if someone walked in right now and saw a bunch of young adults rolling around on the floor and a very cofused puppy bounding around all over the room. I am having a roll race with Ray when the phone goes and we are all snapped out of whatever that moment was. Who the hell is calling at 1am?!