The Surprise (47)

A/N - I am sorry I haven't posted for a while, I am also sorry for not updating you guys. I traveled to London to attend SitC and it was one of the best weekends of my life. It's strange and lovely meeting people you have been watching online for years to find that they are more kind and incredible than you could have ever thought. I'll shut up now lol. I hope you all continue to enjoy this story because I continue to love writing it and have a nice day.

Freyathegeekgirl xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of banging on the door and someone shouting. I couldn't tell who it was but as I sat upright I realised Gee was gone from beside me. I could hear mumbles through the walls and I glance over at the little alarm clock. 10am. Recently I've been sleeping in a lot more than I used to, just because I can.

I climb out of bed and pull on the pyjamas laying on the floor. I open the door to Mikey leaning against the wall and grinning like an idiot. I just smirk at him because he looks so confident for no reason. 

"Why are we so happy on this fine morning?" I say with my poshest British accent which makes him laugh.

 "Oh nothing really just.. we have a surprise" he says with a cheesy wink. A surprise.. what on earth could that be. 

"Just be ready and downstairs in half an hour and I'll see you then" he grins and goes downstairs. I can't get over that grin, in all the music videos and photoshoots Mikey hardly ever grins but in his free time it's like he can't stop grinning. It makes me so happy.

I go back inside and jump in the shower washing my hair through from the waterpark to get chlorine out. It takes me about 15 minutes which means I have to rush my makeup a bit but it still looks okay. I pull on some red ripped jeans and a black MCR shirt because that is just what was lying around. I grab my leather jacked and dr. Marten boots and head downstairs to see what the surprise may be. 

When I go downstairs there's nobody there, this is looking familiar. There's music coming from the garden but it doesn't sound live, just like it's being played on a stereo or something. I spot Ray through the glass door standing at the edge of the garden so I go out there to meet him. I come up behing him and make him jump which I can't stop laughing at. When Ray jumps his whole hair jumps and it looks way more majestic than it would for any other person. 

He gives me a hug and but then looks a little worried.

"Hey Y/N" R

"Hey Ray, wassup and where are the others?" Y

"Gee and Mikey are getting the surprise and Frank is late" R

"if anyone was gonna be late it was going to be Frank I guess" Y

"haha yeah obviously" Ray says but he still seems a little tense. It makes me feel a bit on edge.

"you know you can talk to me about anything don't you, seriously I'm here if you wanna talk" Y

A small grateful smile forms on his face but the tension is still there. 

"I'm just having a down day" Ray says but I feel like it's something more than that. I'm just about to ask more but Gee interrupts me by randomly coming up behind me and picking me up causing me to squeal like a 5 year old. Mikey is holding something but I can't make out what it is because I am upside down. 

Gee puts me back down and kisses my cheek sending sparks through my body again. Mikey is holding a large plain brown box with something inside that seems to be.. alive? My first thought is snakes, there could be a snake and this could be some sick joke. Still I ignore my fear and approach the box but Gee pulls me back and mutters something to Mikey in an annoyed way.

I can't make out everything he says but I can hear something about Frank being late which makes me chuckle. We decide to sit down on the couches they have in the garden, you know like those special outdoor couches that you see happy families relaxing on in the adverts for summer. Instead of sitting next to Gee which is what I usually do I decide to go over to the other side and sit next to Ray. He smiles but that tense feeling still sticks around and I can't help but frown a little. 

Then without warning we hear a crash from the kitchen. Like a proper smash that woud mean something has been broken and maybe destroyed forever. About two seconds after the crash while we are still processing what we heard these's a yell from inside. 

"Fuck!"

Straight away I know it is Frank, I mean who else would be so late that they run into the kitchen manage to smash something and then swear very loudly when there are kids in the house who are probably still sleeping. I jump up and run insde to see the mess but it's not actually too bad.. well apart from Frank himself. 

It looks like a vase has fallen off and broken but one of the pieces of ceramic has scraped Frank's arm. In fact I think there is a piece of ceramic in Frank's arm. He looks up at me and tries to smile but I can see there are tears glistening in his eyes. He likes to seem like the tough one but moments like this make me not so sure. 

I go over to him and pull the little shard of ceramic from his arm to realise that luckily the cut is not too deep and I don't think he is going to need stitches. I turn around to yell for the other guys but Mikey is right behind me holding a roll of bandage, some sort of medical creme and some tape. I shuffle out of the way so that he can deal with Frank and I begin to clean the mess. It doesn't take long for everything to be sorted again so we head back outside.

Gee and Ray are gone. How helpful. I turn to Mikey and he looks just as confused as I feel, if not even more. He tells me to wait with Frank which I do and he goes looking for them. Frank seems a little embarrassed from his little trip so I tease him a bit and he gets annoyed. Then he makes some jokes about me and by the end we are both colapsing and rolling on the grass clutching our stomachs because we are laughing so hard we can't breathe. It must have been quite a sight to see for anyone who didn't know what was going on.

After about 10 minutes of us completely loosing our shit like toddlers the others come back. Ray's eyes are red and puffy so immediatley I run up to give him a hug. He whisperes in my ear quietly so nobody would hear "Can we talk later" and I back away and nod so that the other guys don't know. It makes me feel bad that I could probably help him if everyone weren't waiting for me to open this surprise.

We all sit back down on the couches and Mikey sets the box down in the center. It's covered in little holes so I'm assuming anything inside is going to be alive wether that's a good thing or not. I lean down to open it and it's like one of those moments in movies where everyone shuffles forward in their seats ready for what's next. Gee even turns his phone on and starts filming me which puts me on edge even more.

I open the cardboard flaps and OH MY GOD