The Thrill of it all (17)

Your POV:

I dry the tears from my cheeks and stand up trying to hide how wobbly my legs feel. Mikey runs over and stands next to me so that I can lean on him and Gerard as I gain my strength back. I think that is one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had. We head over to the black bus/car thing and I sit in the middle at the back so that I can focus on what happenes now.

Frank sits in front of me and when we start driving off he turns around to talk to us. "So are you still good to come onstage and sing cancer with Gerard?" he asks with an encouraging look. They all look at me and I can't help but smile. However bad this day has been so far it won't crush my dream of singing to a live audience let alone with my favourite band.

We arrive at the venue after the short drive and as we all climb out Frank stands behind me and takes my hand almost protecting me from damaging myself. I love how supportive all the guys are like they literally could have abandoned me or allowed me to be kidnapped.

We walk in and the arena takes my breath away. It's not overly special but there is something about an empty arena that fascinates me. The instruments are already set up and the lights are being checked.

We head backstage and into our dressing room (as there is only one) but we don't have to change costumes halfway through so it's fine. I walk in to find our hair and make-up lady holding a black parade jacket and instantly I get excited.

She hands it to me with a smile and says "this is official and you must cherish it". But Mikey ruins the vibe by saying "yeah, cherishing it with sweat" and we all burst out laughing.

I take my clothes and get changed in the small bathroom. I feel so special when I am ready all kitted out with eyeliner and black combat boots.  I put my jacket on and jump up and down madly from excitement. It is a little too big for me but it marks the start of something new and I can't stop beaming from ear to ear.

I walk out and all the guys stare at me and a few of them laugh. "Why do you look so excited it's just a jacket" Mikey giggles. I reply saying "it's not a jacket it's THE jacket" and they all laugh.

It's nearly time for the concert and we have just finished warming up our voices and tuning instruments. You can hear the crowd through the walls and the screams of hundreds of people.

"Okay so after we finish house of wolves we will introduce you and you will come on stage got it?" Ray smiles. I feel giddy with excitement and nerves and I feel like I'm going to be sick.

The concert starts and I get to watch from backstage. Oh how times can change. Before I know it I am being called on and Mikey smiles at me. I climb up he small stairs clearing my throat. Here we go...