An evening to remember(38)

I walk into the bus with Frank trying to juggle many boxes of taco bell and some soda drinks. I must look like a bloody clown trying to carry so much stuff. I kick the door open wincing at the noise it made because I thought everyone was asleep... I was ready to wake them all with food but when I looked around the most intense game of mario kart was happening on the TV and everyone was cheering each other on. I don't even think they heard the door open!

Frank and I just share this look of utter laughter and confusion but we wait until their game is over before we make any more noise. My eyes wander up to the clock on the wall.. wow 3am and everyone is so alive and pumped. We don't have a show tomorrow so I guess it doesn't matter when we sleep after all. 

The little noise at the end of the race goes and I manage to get a quick peek at the screen, Ray was 3rd, Gee was 5th and our manager was 8th. Frank looked at me and nodded so we both gave a little cough to get their attention. They looked up at us and made this big show of getting up and welcoming us into the bus and trying to snatch the food. I couldn't stop laughing.. it was quite a show. 

We all sat down and I grabbed a box of food not really caring what is in it and took a bite. I have never had taco bell before and as the flavour entered my mouth I guess I made some kind of expression because I turned my head to Gee laughing at me, sauce on my mouth and all. It was kind of gross but also amazing at the same time. I tried to quickly swallow my food but I was handed the controller for the next race. 

I decided I need to make an announcement because before the race as I needed to clear some things up. I  stood up and cleared my throat..

"I just needed to throw it out there that you are about to go up against the world's most famous mario kart player.I will drift. I will use those mystery boxes and I will win by so much you won't know what hit you. So beware oponents" I say in my most dramatic voice.

I get a little round of applause and sit back down and press play so the race begins.. here goes

-------------------time skip brought to you by Palaye Royale------------------------------

A few hours later all the food has been eaten and Ray and our manager have gone to bed. Frank, Gee and I are laying around on our phones posting funny videos and reading comments from some fans. As I was scrolling down reading some messages on twitte I read one particular hateful one and I guess I was so tired and emotional it got to me. I could feel a small tear blooming in my eye but before I could let it out Gee was up on the sofa sitting next to me. 

He came over to show me a funny cat video but when his eyes met mine he stopped. 

"hey, hey what's wrong?" he asked gently pulling some hair strands out of my face . I let my hand drop so he could see my phone and as he read the comment he just sighed. He pulled me into a big hug and I sniffled up my tears, we don't need a repeat of earlier.

He pulls away and looks at me, his big kind hazel eyes giving stength to my small E/C ones. " don't listen to anything they say. They don't know you. They are just going through some stuff themselves and this is their way of coping. I'm sure they don't mean it. And so what one person doesn't like you. We all do. Even if everyone on the planet started hating on you we would all still be here for you to rely on. I like you Y/N and I want to help with anything you go through but I can't get rid of people like this" he said sadly. I pulled a loose strand of his hair behing his ear which made him giggle and then I blushed a bit.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead "come on, let's get some sleep" he smiled. He helped me up and Frank let out a snort which made me laugh. We all climbed in our bunks and I couldn't have felt any more special. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...