2.2

"Someone smells nice", a slender guy with red, curly hair says as we turn around the corner. He sniffs, then swirls around, greeting us with a big smile. "If it isn't Dael. Of course you're the one bringing the delicious treat."

"Yeah, yeah, just keep a distance of five steps to him and I won't rip your head off", Dael sighs, though he's grinning. They approach each other, then hug. Woah. He's got friends. Well, otherwise we wouldn't be here right now, encircled by vampires who are looking at me as if they were starving. A woman with long, brown hair and lush hips licks her lip. I'll just focus on my feet.

"Come on. First time in ages you bring someone along and that's it? Not even sharing with me?" curly hair asks theatrically, making Dael chuckle. Obviously, they're close. He wasn't this touchy-feely with Sig, who's suddenly at our side, barging in on the conversation.

"He sucked him dry last night, so I doubt there's anything left to share", he chirps happily, a mischievous smile on his lips. Suddenly, everyone narrows their eyes at Dael. Oh. So it's not common courtesy to do that.

"Seriously, Dael, stop acting like the rules don't apply to you", curly hair sighs, taking a step back to eye me intently. "Let me guess, you're threatening him into staying with you?"

"Just told him I wouldn't let him leave with a drop of blood in his body. Can't let it go to waste", Dael replies with a shrug. At least he's being honest about it. The woman who was so intent on doing the same thing just a second ago steps closer, wearing a disapproving frown on her face.

"It's because of guys like you that we've got such a bad reputation", she observes pointedly, pushing her hips out to one side to rest a hand on them. I'm pretty sure most women would kill for that ass.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm the root of all evil." Dael sighs, rolling his eyes at her. "Nothing new. You know. I know. He knows."

"Can't you take this serious for once? Look at him. He's human. You could have him drooling after you, but instead, he looks miserable", she complains, giving me a sympathetic look. She can't be serious. I might not be lovey-dovey fucking-smiley, but I'm far from miserable.

"Sorry if you don't like the way I look", I snap at her and she flinches. Again, everyone's looking at me as if I'm some animal performing in a circus. Like, yes, I can talk. Hell, these people are annoying. "Stop sticking your nose into other people's business."

Noone says anything. Instead, they turn their eyes on Dael again.

"Did you make him say that?" she hisses threateningly. Wow. Just wow.

"I'm leaving. Kill me if you want to, but I'm not putting up with that bitch talking about me like I'm not here anymore", I grumble and walk away, fully intending to return to the car. Again, no one bothers addressing me. To them, I'm the helpless pitiful human in the clutches of the evil vampire. So what if I am? I hate people who talk as if they knew. They don't. Even if they know him, they don't know me. Fuming, I sit down on the passenger seat, arms crossed in front of my chest. Hell yeah, I'm sulking big time.

And I still haven't stopped when lush hips approaches the car. She sits down on the edge of the door.

"Are you alright? I had no intention of insulting you."

"I'm fine", I reply tersely, not bothering to look up at her. That's why I hate dealing with people, especially many people at once. This is what happens. Everyone starts thinking they have to help me. Because I'm always alone. Because I like keeping to myself. Because my life has to be miserable since it's so different compared to their own.

"Well, you look a bit pale. Are you sure? I don't think it's responsible of him to drink from you in this condition."

"I was the one who exposed my neck to him", I explain, my gaze fixed on a bed of blooming flowers. She doesn't need to know that he would've done it anyways, consent or no consent. Still, it was my decision to do it. I could've just waited for him to tell me to.