7.2

Grumbling, I lift an arm and sniff, instantly regretting it. Fine, so I stink. Slightly. No reason to point it out like that. It's not my fault he sucked the life out of me. But at least I feel well enough to get angry, so I guess I've got enough strength to take a shower. Though when I get up onto my feet, my legs give way suddenly, causing me to drop to my knees with a loud curse, catching my weight with my hands.

Sebastiano's at my side quickly, though I don't bother with him. My legs are gone. Well, not gone, but they're considerably thinner. Guess that's what happens when you neither eat nor use your muscles for a few days. And it's all his fault.

Sebastiano reaches a hand out for me, but I just scowl at him, getting up again on my own. It takes concentration to tell my muscles not to give in. Dael's crippled me. The asshole.

„Is there a shower close to here?" I snap at Sebastiano, venting and causing the servant to flinch. He points to a door and I make my way over, taking one small step after the other without lifting my feet far from the ground. So, I need at least a week to recover. That's bullshit. I won't be able to work for quite a while considering my current strength. At least that anger is a good source of motivation. I'll clean up and then shout at him. Sure, he's been really considerate since I woke up, but honestly, considering what he's done to me, that's not even enough.

Planning revenge, I step into the ridiculously large shower stall, equipped with four shower heads that all go off simultaneously as I turn on the water. I squint, trying to see despite the countless droplets, then grab his shower gel. After using it for the third time in a row, I suppose I'm clean enough.

Stepping out of the shower, I sniff at myself again, just to make sure. My heart jumps excitedly as I breathe in the familiar odour. I shiver, quickly grabbing on to wash basin as my knees go weak. I doubt I'll be able to scold him for what he did to me with my body all over the place just because of his smell.

I remember his touch. His lips around my erection. A kiss on my head. His nose nuzzling my hair. That sly grin. Fond affection glistening in his red eyes.

Cursing, I return to his bedroom, then carelessly go through his wardrobe. He'll push me around if I keep this up. Still, I can't help it. My heart flutters happily inside my chest at the memory. The moment he treats me with care, I'm all his. Can't have him know that. Until he's shut out of my head, I'll have to be careful around him, or he's going to play his cards right and coax me into giving him whatever he wants.

Focusing on my own desires, I leave the bedroom in search of him. Or Sebastiano. That's probably the quickest way, especially since I've got his number. If I had my cell phone. Sighing, I go to Dael's study. Since he's been looking after me the last few days, it's my best guess. Without further ado, I push the door open, startling slightly at the sight of the idiots.

„And here I was thinking you left me alone to do something important," I scoff, eyeing them warily. Not that I'm still as tired and exhausted as earlier, but I don't feel up to dealing with them even at full energy, so right now, I just wish they weren't here. Emlynn rolls his eyes at me.

„Didn't your parents teach you to knock before you enter?" he asks annoyed. Not that I care. Ignoring him, I step into the room, turning my attention to Dael, who's looking slightly amused, a smile at the corners of his lips. I won't let him get out of this unscathed. He has to repent.

„I see you've regained some of your vigour," he chuckles, already getting up from his chair. Quickly, he steps close, pulling me into an embrace. „Let's talk about that outside, should we?"

„Oh? So they don't know," I say pointedly, staring into his eyes, unflinching even though he narrows them at me. It's the only theory I can come up with. Don't think he'd bother with me right off the bat if he didn't intend to hide something.